đź“° Auto News Inside Line, Cruze Vs Focus

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
:ford:

---The bad news: The 2011 Chevy Cruze got whupped by the 2012 Ford Focus, 87.5 points to 77.7. Why? Maybe it's because Ford has its sights set on world dominance, while Chevy seems satisfied to continue being better than itself rather than its competitors. Yes, the Cruze is superior to the Cobalt it replaces, just as the Cobalt was vastly improved over the Cavalier. But that strategy shows only progress rather than leadership.

The 2012 Ford Focus' drivability, livability and quality are not only much better than the unloved second-gen Focus it replaces, but they just might make it the best compact economy car in the world

http://www.insideline.com/ford/focu...et-cruze-ltz-vs-2012-ford-focus-titanium.html

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Cool cool. I really have the itch to test drive both of these cars. I've been in and around the cruze and really like what they have done with it, but have not seen or experienced the new focus at all. Maybe I will stroll over to my local Ford dealership later today and see what's good.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
im an avid cruze fanboy...... the chassis, the interior, the exterior, it all just works for me. about the only thing im not happy with is the HP but that can always be addressed. i dont think its right to even mention the word cobalt or cavalier when talking about it because its so vastly different and better in every conceivable way. im extremely biased towards GM when it comes to the whole focus vs cruze thing though, so take that for what it is worth

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
i guess i just have trouble when you say (or quote) "Chevy seems satisfied to continue being better than itself rather than its competitors. Yes, the Cruze is superior to the Cobalt it replaces, just as the Cobalt was vastly improved over the Cavalier. But that strategy shows only progress rather than leadership." i kinda disagree with that because i dont think it really shows the cruzes strengths as a leader in technology and as a great everyday car for everybody. its almost like just saying it is an evolution of the shitboxcuntassfuckhole of the cobalt which should scare the fuck out of people

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Just sitting in both and playing around with everything; I liked the cruze interior better.

I like the focus styling way more. The hatch looks great. I haven't driven either but I plan on test driving a focus sometime after work soon

I have heard this as well. I will save judgment until I can poke around and drive both. I was REALLY fascinated by the Cruze Eco, it has basically everything I would want in a car (manual being the big factor; tall gearing; etc) but I personally like the look of the Focus a bit more. I do not like the Focus hatch, unless its the 2 or 3 door. I think their 5 door hatches look goofy and awkward, and would personally rather have a true station wagon (On a side note, would want to do the RWD-V8 conversion on a 1st gen focus station wagon). Hopefully Ford brings the RS version here, or at least the ST. And I hope that GM sticks the 2.0 turbo into the cruze and make this whole segment really interesting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info