đź“° Auto News MT: GTR vs Z06 vs GT500

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfzqmpQQfOs

Great test and Randy Pobst is an amazing driver. Randy summed up my opinion in the test. The GTR is "numb" and a car for "Joe Average". The Z06 and GTR were very close. I bet that with more seat time, Randy could have brought down that time a bit so. I have to say, the GT500 for being a cheap live axle car is damn impressive to be within 3 second of two supercars.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
He's the first guy to say the 2012 is numb. Evvvvveryone is saying you're finally connected to the car.

Ill have to watch the video tomorrow. Unless this is just the drag vid again.

He was racing it with one hand lol

Pobst has a lot more experience than the guys you are reading review from. I always appreciate when you get a real pro driving these cars:bigthumb:

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
:dunno: id almost rather read an "average joes" review.

But like I said, i'll watch vid in the morning and report back.

I like reading pro drivers review since they have a much better understanding of what's dynamically happening with the car. Plus they can post much better times and get the car right at 10/10th's. The difference between a pro driver and a pretty good driver on a road course is pretty amazing.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Then you have kids thinking they are driving their dads 10 second C6 Z06. Since someone else did it, and they play GT5 and Forza3, they can do it too!! Thanks pro drivers and internet.

That's where skill comes in. This test proves that. It takes great skill to push the Z06 hard where a guy with average skills can drive the GTR fast and be confident. That's the greatness of the GTR.

M

Mitchubishievo

Dude's spot on with how he describes the Z06. I had one in my possession for 10 days and got to know that car really well. Man oh man, with everything off, I've never had more of a handful while lapping my "local" racecourse. The power delivery in it is ridiculous.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
So what do these journalist want in a car then? The GTR is too easy, the Z06 is too hard, the cobra is both but slow. Can't have ur cake.

and why do they complain about tires? how hard is it to change out a set?
bah. I'll take the Z. It might be .2 slower but it'll be better car to own in the long run, financially and potentially. Probably more fun to drive too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info