đź“° Auto News 2011 Ram 1500 Tradesman: 390 hp for $22k

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Now that's a work truck. Probably a little hot rod, too.

Chicago 2011: 2011 Ram 1500 Tradesman is built to work

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/09/chicago-2011-2011-ram-1500-tradesman-is-built-to-work/

tradesman-630.jpg

Ram Truck has just dropped a low-buck bombshell on the 2011 Chicago Auto Show with the 1500 Tradesman. The pickup comes standard with the company's 5.7-liter V8 with 390 horsepower and 370 pound-feet of torque mounted to a five-speed automatic transmission, and Chrysler says that the drivetrain is good for 20 mpg on the highway. Specifically set up for small businesses, contractors and fleet service, the Tradesman is also loaded with a Class IV hitch and a handy transmission cooler. That kit helps crank up the truck's tow rating to a lofty 10,450 pounds.

The best part? Prices for this sucker start at a slim $22,780 with destination. Buyers will be able to pick between 4x2 and 4x4 trim, and a long-bed option is also available. Look for the Tradesman to land on dealer lots in the second quarter of this year. Hit the jump for the full press blast.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
It has a bench seat and crank windows
good golly miss molly :fy:

Damn now that's a hotrod truck. Our work truck has a bench seat and crank windows. It sucks dick. "damn it's hot in here....fuck my arm is 3 feet from the passenger crank" :fu:
pussy :s00ls:
id bet youd bitch about manual steering too

my bad - thought you were having a dumb moment and were asking if you could get those gizmos.. sorry sir!:bigthumb:

nah i hate that crap...seems like all that shit likes to break down and then costs an arm and a leg to get working again. i just think the big3 need to get back to cheeper cars that have more than 2 or 3 option packages even if it means a slight increase in production/assembly time.

id imagine you could drop more than a few grand off the cost of a new camaro if you ditched half the crap they pile in it...leave that shit out and the camaro would fly off the lot

(feel free to sub mustang, srt's, etc in place of the word camaro)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
see its not bad having manual accessories...i can see power windows and door locks being something that is desired on most cars..but for the love of god dont complicate it with 3 different computers that control that crap and cant even self diagnose any issues.

...now if only they'd bring back them lovely crotch cooler wing windows

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
see its not bad having manual accessories...i can see power windows and door locks being something that is desired on most cars..but for the love of god dont complicate it with 3 different computers that control that crap and cant even self diagnose any issues.

...now if only they'd bring back them lovely crotch cooler wing windows

I agree. They also need to stop with all the package crap. Just give me a list of crap I can add if I want or not. Things were so much better back in the day.

i want one

wow! one heck of a deal... i'd drive it... 10k towing, DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNN

now we are fucking talking. someone is listening.

I agree. They also need to stop with all the package crap. Just give me a list of crap I can add if I want or not. Things were so much better back in the day.

This is exactly the truck I always try to build out on Ford, Dodge, and Chevy websites, but they are too lame to offer any stripped down short bed. Now the only question is how sturdy is that auto trans because this bitch may be seeing a couple of turbos :s00ls:

:fy::fy::fy::fy:GRAND SLAM HOME RUN HERE FOLKS:fy::fy::fy::fy:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info