đź“° Auto News Camaro ZL1 is the new hot model in Chicago

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
camaro5-zl1-image.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/09/camaro-zl1-is-the-new-hot-model-in-chicago/

We've been hearing some conjecture about what Camaro-based model would debut at the Chicago Auto Show today, and Tran from Camaro5 would appear to have the answer: The ZL1. The Chevrolet press conference isn't scheduled for another hour or so, but wandering the floor seems to have revealed that the expected hi-po pony car will eschew the Z28 designation in favor of ZL1. Either way, it'll pack a supercharged 6.2-liter V8 with a six-speed manual as part of a beefed-up driveline.

Other major features are said to include Magnetic Ride Control suspension, Brembo brakes, competition-spec cooling system, along with unique bodywork including a "Transformers 3 style" front bumper, unique hood and model-specific wheels. Camaro5 indicates that the interior has also been upgraded with a new steering wheel and silver trim. We'll have live pics of the Camaro from the reveal shortly, so stay tuned. Top tips, Jesse and Amber!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
This was known to be a released for a while, or at least rumored to be. Don't really know the last article they published where Chevy was said to have two introductions, one based on the Camaro, was newsworthy.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Damn, beat me to it. I'm the 5th gen nutswinger around here so please check with me before posting. Here's another pic. I'm not too impressed with the visual difference but the spec sheet is awesome. 3.73 gears, dual mode exhaust and electric power steering. Hopefully the gears and power steering become an option on the SS. Now the question is will some aspects of the SSX make to production as a Z28 Boss fighter?
mat0059.jpg

mat0070.jpg

mat0063.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Meh, looks ok. No major updates. Still wish the would come out with a Rally Sport hide-a-way head light option. I know aftermarket companies are doing it. But would be a nice factory option.

older zl1 > this zl1

Well no duh. haha

I remember when the 69 LZ1 and 69 SS396 350hp Camaros were dropped off here but the restorer in Colorado. The SS came out of the enclosed trailer first. This thing was loaded, had the wheels and exterior trim. Super sharp car. Then they ZL1 was pushed out of the enclosed. It was a big let down. So plain Jane looking compared to the SS. :bowrofl: But once it started up wow. Sounded awesome. I like sleepers anyways. So I would opt for the ZL1 any day. haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info