Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
not too shabby

GM has promised us that it would no longer abuse the SS name, and one of the first examples of that pledge is the Cobalt SS. The turbocharged coupe carries a wallop with 260 hp, and all that power can be used to propel the Cobalt SS to 60 in 5.7 seconds or get you around the 'Ring in a very respectable 8:22. Those are very solid performance numbers, and with a starting price of $22,995, the Cobalt SS delivers a pretty strong value statement, as well.

Besides a toned-down rear spoiler and an improved 2.0L turbocharged powerplant, standard features include air conditioning, stability control, OnStar and XM Satellite Radio. If you're into Cobalt luxury, you can add a sunroof, high-wing rear spoiler, audio system, and limited-slip differential and still keep the price under $26k. We're looking forward to seeing for ourselves if the Cobalt SS is worthy of the Super Sport name, but at $22,995 we can already say the price of entry is competitive.

[Source: Autoblog]

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
The thing that drove me away from my cobalt was how completely cheap it was, and I know its an econo car, but even the SS disappointed me. And rumors are tuning for the LNF with Direct Injection is a bitch AND the tranny is nearly maxed out from the factory.

thats because its a GM...what did you expect????

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
4 piston fixed caliper brakes and bilsteins all around... this thing was made to handle!
kinda funny how everybody has their panties in a bunch about them slapping the SS badge on this, but if you stop and think about it, it handles better, stops faster, and gets better mileage than the muscle cars... and it is indeed faster than *most* of them.... i guess people just want a V8 and RWD for it to be an SS

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
you say that as if its a common trend?

haha it seems to be with cheaper gm cars. dont get me wrong look below my post... I'm a gm guy but it seems the interiors on most newer products are cheap. i have so many dash squeeks its annoying. oh and it seems any FWD gm has a fairly weak tranny.

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
haha it seems to be with cheaper gm cars. dont get me wrong look below my post... I'm a gm guy but it seems the interiors on most newer products are cheap. i have so many dash squeeks its annoying. oh and it seems any FWD gm has a fairly weak tranny.

working at a dealership i beg to differ with both those.
i rarely get cars in for dash squeeks
and most trans issues are in truck that ppl tow with and its usually over 80k

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
have you driven any gp's? try it sometime... i'm sure some gp guys will chime in. i'm not saying the trannies are breaking in stock form but turn up the hp & tq a bit and it seems their are some issues. yes i understand that your modding a car and its expected but they seem to have a weak safety factor

EDIT: and by safety factor i mean amount of safety in what the tranny can handle.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
why is navi the deal breaker? Cant you buy a nice GPS unit for less than 500$ now?

because my current DD has navi and i dont like those dash mounted units because they dont integrate with the audio system or steering wheel controls, i dont like cords all over my interior or having to change batteries, and im lazy so i wouldnt take the unit out everytime i leave the car and i know people steal these things more than airbags and stereos. plus i think its just really cheezy to have the unit suctioned to the windsheild... it just makes the car feel cheap. its just not for me.

W

wanablaze

because my current DD has navi and i dont like those dash mounted units because they dont integrate with the audio system or steering wheel controls, i dont like cords all over my interior or having to change batteries, and im lazy so i wouldnt take the unit out everytime i leave the car and i know people steal these things more than airbags and stereos. plus i think its just really cheezy to have the unit suctioned to the windsheild... it just makes the car feel cheap. its just not for me.

+1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info