Elgin
Real Name
Mike
honda_100336651_m.jpg

honda_100336648_l.jpg

2012-Honda-Civic-Si-Concept-image.jpg

honda_100336646_m.jpg

honda_100336647_l.jpg

Honda's concepts for the next Civic Coupe and Sedan are out, and their both rather attractive. The concept cars just rolled across the stage in Detroit, and now the official details are out. The two concepts give us the general outline of the 2012 Civic range--the Si Coupe and standard Civic Sedan--but leave some gaps for us to fill as production draws nearer.

You can expect the Civic Coupe to sport a frugal yet fun four-banger, plenty of available options and equipment as well as affordable entry-level trims, and as you can see in these photos, an aggressive new look. The four-door version shares the same basic look, but with a longer roof and a little more seating area--and without the pointier touches of the Si's package.

Powertrain details for the new Civic range remain murky, but Honda will add its Eco Assist technology. The 2012 Civic marks Eco Assist's first implementation outside of a hybrid in the U.S. The Eco Assist tech is already used in the CR-Z and Insight hybrids. Details on the Si Coupe Concept's powertrain are still in limbo--we expect it to get more power as well as a more aggressive exterior and unique interior--but Honda has announced plans to expand its natural gas-powered Civic GX in the 2012 models.

I wish they'd make use of the turbo 4 banger they ALREADY DEVELOPED in cars other than the freaking RDX or MDX or w/e the hell the smaller one is.

Its like 270hp, awd, plenty o torque, comes in manual too I think....?

Preaching to the chior. I know Honda has some pretty impressive engines. They are just very stingy in what they put them in.

The CR-Z should ditch the hybrid and get the Acura RDXs turbo 4 as well.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
I wish they'd make use of the turbo 4 banger they ALREADY DEVELOPED in cars other than the freaking RDX or MDX or w/e the hell the smaller one is.

Its like 270hp, awd, plenty o torque, comes in manual too I think....?

I think you're thinking of the TSX, MDX is the SUV and the RDX is that weird kinda hatchback looking one. But yeah, they save all their good shit for Acura and the accord.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I think you're thinking of the TSX, MDX is the SUV and the RDX is that weird kinda hatchback looking one. But yeah, they save all their good shit for Acura and the accord.

The tsx is a sedan. The mdx is a large suv and the rdx is the small one based on the crv platform. The rdx has the turbo engine in it making 240hp. The mdx is a v6 making 300hp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info