đź“° Auto News Detroit 3 in discussions with UAW on how to share benefits of "amazing turnaround"?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Detroit 3 in discussions with UAW on how to share benefits of "amazing turnaround"?

It's no secret that some members of the United Auto Workers aren't thrilled about the concessions that the union made during bankruptcy negotiations with both General Motors and Chrysler. Now that both of those automakers are back on their feet, the UAW wants a slice of their new-found prosperity. According to Bloomberg, UAW President Bob King believes that his members' sacrifices helped keep GM and Chrysler afloat, and now they deserve to share in the fruits of those concessions. King said that UAW members each gave up between $7,000 and $30,000 each as part of negotiations since 2005, and the union gave up wage increases for cost of living, surrendered raises and ditched bonuses to keep the Big Three afloat during the darker days of 2009.

The UAW is expected to negotiate new contracts with Ford, GM and Chrysler early this year before they expire in September, and all three automakers are being tight-lipped about how additional compensation could factor into those negotiations. King has also been jockeying for positions on the executive boards of the domestic automakers in an attempt to better represent the union's needs.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/05/detroit-3-in-discussions-with-uaw-on-how-to-share-benefits-of-a/

The UAW still doesn't "get it". They are lucky to have a job right now! FU UAW

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
most unions suck... most of them are about how they can get more money and do less work for it - if not they will strike and might even hurt people who cross the picket lines...i deal with these morons all the time and i hate it (probably just jealous...) but i think if we got rid of unions, the country would be a better place (we'd have to get rid of welfare too...but thats a whole other thread...lol)

most unions suck... most of them are about how they can get more money and do less work for it - if not they will strike and might even hurt people who cross the picket lines...i deal with these morons all the time and i hate it (probably just jealous...) but i think if we got rid of unions, the country would be a better place (we'd have to get rid of welfare too...but thats a whole other thread...lol)

If you get rid of the unions we will all be working for or near minimum wage. So many companies that are non-union pay their employees over scale to keep the unions out. And yes this whole post reeks of jealousy other then Dasfinc and Frank Dukes. GOD FORBID A CAR MANUFACTURER MAKES A CARS, A PROFIT, AND COMPENSATES THEIR EMPLOYEES!!!! IT SHOULD ALL GO TO THE SHAREHOLDERS.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info