đź“° Auto News Oh herro...are you the EcoBoost Mustang?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
w_TT_mustang_BW_oct10_priddy1.JPG

The exterior has some tweaks, but the interior (photos after the jump) tells the story: Premium Fuel Only, and a 9,000-rpm tachometer. The current 2011 Ford Mustang GT makes peak power on 93, but works just fine on 87 and its tachometer only sweeps to 8,000-- the GT500, even less, its needle stops swinging at 7.

So, then, what we have here is a car with a higher redline, a requirement for premium fuel and a new bumper cover that looks to funnel air into an intercooler. Oh, and Ford also has a 3.5-liter Ecoboost V6 set up for a front-engine, rear drive configuration that can fit in the same spot as a 5.0-liter V8-- they do it in the F-150, why not for the Mustang?

In the F-150, the Ecoboost makes 365-horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque and there's no reason to think that those are the limits of the engine and that, with a Mustang-Specific tune, Ford couldn't have a V6 powerplant capable of at least 400.

But then, where does the GT 5.0-liter go? The way of the Buffalo or the way of the supercharger?

w_TT_mustang_BW_oct10_priddy2.JPG

w_TT_mustang_BW_oct10_priddy5.JPG

w_TT_mustang_BW_oct10_priddy4.JPG

IL_logo.gif

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Mach 1?

It’s got the Boss front splitter with brake ducts, Brembos, and the PP GT500 wheels.

Brembo's are a factory option on all mustangs now, and if they have the brembo pack you get 'bigger' rims also as part of it IIRC.

Gauge could be whatever, and the premium sticker is probably just to remind the test driver since it gives the V-8 more Pah since it was made by a label maker, and not IN/ON the dash.

I'd say this is just another or new 'track pack' if it wasn't for the increased redline display.... How high do the ecoboosts redline???

*edit*

I REALLY do hope it is an ecoboost though...

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Brembo's are a factory option on all mustangs now, and if they have the brembo pack you get 'bigger' rims also as part of it IIRC.

Gauge could be whatever, and the premium sticker is probably just to remind the test driver since it gives the V-8 more Pah since it was made by a label maker, and not IN/ON the dash.

I'd say this is just another or new 'track pack' if it wasn't for the increased redline display.... How high do the ecoboosts redline???

*edit*

I REALLY do hope it is an ecoboost though...

Brembo’s AREN’T a factory option on all Mustang’s. You can only get the Brembo package on 6 speed manual GT’s (GT500's are standard). Also, the bigger rims aren’t the ones shown on this prototype. Those wheels are the GT500 Performance Package wheels.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Brembo’s AREN’T a factory option on all Mustang’s. You can only get the Brembo package on 6 speed manual GT’s (GT500's are standard). Also, the bigger rims aren’t the ones shown on this prototype. Those wheels are the GT500 Performance Package wheels.

They ARE a factory option on mustangs, I apologize that it only applies to one, but I was just 'pointing out' that you could get a mustang with Brembos and larger rims from the factory (regardless of them being different), and that this was not a sign of it being an Ecoboost model.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
The 5.0 will eventually get direct injection which will bump the hp. Also, the GT can incorporate some of the learning from the Boss 302 program into the standard 5.0 in the GT. What I am getting at is that the Coyote has room to grow.
I would hope so. That's the smart way to do it (financially). I'm sure it's got room to grow in cubes too

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
the boss 302 laguna seca is the hot setup right now! i wish i could afford one. Its crazy to think after the embarrassment that was the 05-10 mustang that ford could turn it around and make a product that a GM guy like me could lust after.

the ecoboost V6 is a tough gamble though... it would be so close to the gt in terms of performance that it would start getting confusing to the consumer as to which one to buy. Weird example would be apple in the mid 90's.. .they made sooo many different desktops that consumers couldnt choose which one to buy, leading alot to buy one that maybe wasnt best suited for them. hopefully the same wont happen to the mustang.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I would like to see a big ecoboost 4 cylinder. Something that wouldbbe around 300 HP, but lighter than the V6. I would like to see it around 3100 lbs....a man can hope....a man can hope...
Only problem with that is it'll lose a lot of off boost torque which will make it annoying to drive being that heavy. Ask me how I know :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info