đź“° Auto News Ford GT successor rumors

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Back in 2003, Ford gave us the GT supercar – a road-going homage to the iconic GT40 race car. Ford discontinued the GT when its high-powered Shelby GT500 debuted for the 2007 model year, but now the word around Dearborn is that there may be another top-end Blue Oval supercar coming down the pipeline. This time around, however, things may be a bit greener.

According to Motor Trend, Ford Motor Company executives have suggested that if a GT successor is created, its main focus will be fuel efficiency, citing the possibility of an electric drivetrain. The EV supercar isn't a new idea, after all – Porsche is readying its 918 Spyder and Mercedes-Benz has shown us its SLS E-Cell. Of course, Ford's plans are simply rumormill fodder at this point, but we'll keep our eyes peeled for silent supercars roaming around Dearborn in the coming years just the same.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/29/rumor-ford-gt-supercars-successor-will-be-green-machine/

100% FAIL!!! If by "GREEN", they mean a twin turbo 5.0L Coyote go for it!

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
green to these folks means gas mileage gas mileage gas mileage. the general public doesnt care if the car is lighter or made from recycled wrecked mustangs.

In my opinion the public doesn't care much about gas mileage on a super car either. If you can afford a car over 100k, you can afford the gas bill that comes with it. Make it a hybrid, gas and electric motor working together for more power.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
In my opinion the public doesn't care much about gas mileage on a super car either. If you can afford a car over 100k, you can afford the gas bill that comes with it. Make it a hybrid, gas and electric motor working together for more power.

That’s always been my argument. A guy/girl buying a $150,000 car really doesn’t care what the car costs to insure or gas mileage. You gotta pay to play!

That being said, a 3,000 lb aerodynamic Ford GT successor with a direct injection 5.0L TT should get right around 30mpg on the highway. That’s good enough for me.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Green doesn't necessarily mean hybrids and electrics. I do not mind a pure diesel sports car, like the Volkswagen Blue Sport. If Ford markets their EcoBoost engines as green technology, they can make a car that gets good gas mileage and doesn't have a hybrid system, but just with lighter weight parts and better engine tech.

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
Doesnt run the times though.

Umad%3F.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info