đź“° Auto News 2011 Dodge Durango unveiled

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I'm digging it expect for the rear styling. Not a fan.

dg011009du.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/02/2011-dodge-durango-unveiled/

Chrysler has just pulled back the curtain on the 2011 Dodge Durango, and the newest iteration of the Auburn Hills brawler looks to have all of the bones it needs to be competitive in one of the industry's most crowded segments. For next year, the vehicle will ride on a new unibody platform wrapped in freshly-minted sheetmetal. More importantly for those looking to ferry their brood about town, it will also boast a full three rows of seating. Under the hood, buyers can look forward to picking between the company's new 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 or a 5.7-liter V8 with 6,200- and 7,800-pounds of towing capacity, respectively. All-wheel drive is available with both power plants.

Chrysler hasn't provided any fuel-economy estimates just yet.

The interior was worked over by the same gurus responsible for the superb, hide-lined cabins in the Dodge Ram and Jeep Grand Cherokee, and judging by the one teaser photo the company released this morning, it looks like a fine place to whittle away the miles. There look to be a host of smaller, but equally important changes onboard the Durango as well, including an all-new Dodge emblem on the steering wheel. If you were waiting to see what the face of the new Chrysler would look like, search no more. It's here. Look for the Durango to hit dealer lots by late this year.

dg011005du.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've driven neither, but based on platforms I'd take the Durango. The Explorer uses the Taurus chassis (FWD-based, bleh), while the Dodge is using a Mercedes-derived RWD-based SUV undercarriage. Should be the more driver-oriented, or as much as a pig SUV can be.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
I've driven neither, but based on platforms I'd take the Durango. The Explorer uses the Taurus chassis (FWD-based, bleh), while the Dodge is using a Mercedes-derived RWD-based SUV undercarriage. Should be the more driver-oriented, or as much as a pig SUV can be.

:hsd: chassis-schmassis

id like to see some interior shots of the dodge..

As a Ford truck guy it pains me to to agree with you. A HEMI pointed the RIGHT WAY in the engine bay versus a "duratech" v6 pointed the wrong way in a taurus based thing. BTW, this doesn't count as a truck FORD, so stop calling it one.

id rather have a new explorer :ford:

SEE above^^^^^

That rear looks like an X5 :dunno:

It is a nice design marred by a generic rear and NO LOGO ON THE GRILL

I will stick with my new 4Runner

FAIL

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
looks just like the jeep

i cant wait until a couple of years and all the mexis start driving these things just like the 1st gen durrangos have become complete taco rides... isnt durrango a state in mexico? either way its getting hard to find one without a scorpion and a lady madonna in the back window and the family name as a windshield banner. its almost as bad as the ford expedition.... they are now almost completely taco rides

looks just like the jeep

i cant wait until a couple of years and all the mexis start driving these things just like the 1st gen durrangos have become complete taco rides... isnt durrango a state in mexico? either way its getting hard to find one without a scorpion and a lady madonna in the back window and the family name as a windshield banner. its almost as bad as the ford expedition.... they are now almost completely taco rides

At least you have a captive audience. You won't have trade them in. You can get "private party" money for them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info