Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ah yes, the classic small block Chevy. No other engine in history carries as much nostalgia and General Motors looks poised to push its mouse motor well into the future by adding new technologies designed to clean up the mill's emissions and improve fuel mileage. Expect these engines to show up in applications from sportscars like the Camaro and Corvette to pickup trucks and SUVs.

According to GM, all of its next-generation small block V8s will use aluminum engine blocks in addition to being E85 compatible. We can also expect to see direct injection added to the small block's repertoire for improved efficiency and power production. Finally, the combustion chambers will see a redesign that will promote fuel efficiency.

Naturally, an update to an existing engine line requires a suitable investment, and this one is no different. GM will be investing nearly $900 million and will add or retain more than 1,600 jobs in Towanda, NY; St. Catherines, Ontario; Defiance, Ohio; Bedford, Indiana and Bay City, Michigan.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/27/gm-investing-890m-in-next-gen-small-block-v8s/

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
This does not seem like a great idea. How many people even buy V8's these days? What a waste of resources. It's great that it's giving people jobs/work, but I don't see a payoff.

headslap0.gif

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
That shit is weak. How about being a man nancy boy??

I guess I would think they would be going for less displacement in their motors to help with the mpg. I know they're making V8's more efficient, but will it really be enough to conform to the government's strict standards in the next ten years? Maybe they're banking on these V8's getting crazy good mileage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info