đź“° Auto News Viper-Powered Dodge Challenger SRT10 more than just a "show car"?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:x:

v10%20challenger%20f34%201600-thumb-717x477.jpg

Look, there are two ways we can go with this one. The first is that this Viper-powered Dodge Challenger, which first appeared at the 2008 SEMA show in Vegas, is simply one of the finest, loudest ways the Mopar boys could go out to lunch near Chrysler's Auburn Hills headquarters. A little joy ride and nothing else.

Or the fact that this two-year-old concept is out and about on a test route of public roads outside of the confines of Chrysler facilities indicates that maybe there's more to the V10--powered Challenger than met the eye. Could this Challenger SRT10 be Dodge's eventual range-topping muscle-coupe?

It makes sense. The Challenger is the heavy-weight of the muscle-coupe triumvirate. And we don't mean it's necessarily the one to beat. No, no, we mean it's fat. And that's why the 6.1-liter Hemi-powered SRT8 is slower than the new Mustang GT 5.0 or the Camaro SS. Without a bunch more firepower, like, say, the 600 hp and 560 lb-ft of torque provided by this V10, the Challenger is just going to get its ass handed to it by a Camaro Z28 or a Shelby GT500. Even the 6.4-liter Hemi that's in the works for future high-performance applications is going to have trouble powering the 11/10ths Challenger to competitive times against the supercharged V8s from its cross-town rivals.

v10%20challenger%20det%20front%201600.jpg

v10%20challenger%20r34%201600.jpg

http://blogs.insideline.com/straigh...tos-viper-powered-dodge-challenger-srt10.html

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
i strongly disagree. ive ridden in them and been around far too many to say they sound like crap. but again, we cant all like the same thing.

I have too....Vipers don't have a deep sound like a muscle car nor the exotic sound like a Lambo. They sound like a Ram truck. Anyways, the sound wouldn't keep me away from owning one since they are a bad ass car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info