Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Since the introduction of the third-generation Impreza, Subaru has been making incremental improvements to the rally-bred WRX, first with a significant bump in output for the 2009 MY and now the adoption of the STI's widebody design for 2011. And not only does the five-door model benefit from its pumped-up sibling's sheetmetal, but the sedan gets a much-needed testosterone injection to boot.

With a 1.5 inch-wider track front and rear, the 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX's stance is decidedly more aggressive, and with firmer rear subframe bushings pulled from the STI and wider 17x8-inch wheels wrapped in 235/45R17 rubber, the 2011 'Rex is assuredly stickier than its predecessor.

The cosmetic mods don't end with the widened fenders, as the front fascia receives a restylized front lip spoiler, partnered with a larger, blacked-out grille and intakes. The whole package only increases the curb weight of the WRX by 34 pounds, and coupled with the "265-horsepower" turbocharged 2.5-liter flat-four, the 2011 WRX has the goods to back up its looks... no matter which body-style you choose.

0217familywrx4d1-1280.jpg

0217familywrx4d1-0.jpg

0217familywrx4d1-1.jpg

0217familywrx4d1-2.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
its....better...but still not a fan.

but i will go on record as saying that ive said that about EVERY new wrx design going all the way back to the bugeye, which i now hold as one of the best designs theyve had in the last 10 years. :) the GC coupe done up sti style will still always be top dog tho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info