đź“° Auto News Porsche 918 Hybrid: 78 MPG's and 198 MPH

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Suchhh a cool concept, I can alot of manufacturers following suit with this... the multi mode system sounds really cool... hope something like this sees the showroom floor. I wouldent doubt it though, I heard a hybrid panamera is hitting the floors sometime within the next two years.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
do the people who can afford these cars really care about MPG's?!?

They usually don't, but Porsche DOES care about their brand image, and right now, MPG's and Green Tech are the hot button topics that they all seems to be hitting.

Remember that Porsche is not only a car maker, they are also an engineering firm. They have created some fantastic engines and chassis for road and race machines. So this concept is not out of the realm of realism, if there is any car maker that can make this happen, it is porsche.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
It's not a conventional hybrid. It has a flywheel generator that spins at like 40,000rpms sitting in the passenger seat area. It's really fucking cool.

Also I would assume the car would be more balanced unlike the current car.

I'm curious to know how that effects handling having something large and spinning so fast within the car. I wonder if it has the same effect as the gyroscopic effect in a motorcycle while racing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info