đź“° Auto News Audi RS5: Aluminum Und Mean

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Audi RS5: Aluminum Und Mean

Not surprisingly, a slew of pics of the Audi RS5 ĂĽbercoupe have leaked. No embargo's strong enough to hold back this brutish, 450 HP Euro barnstormer from the interwebs. Do similar easy-to-shed shackles keep it from coming stateside? Maybe.

These photos, taken from a leaked marketing brochure, come via Autogespot, recom-post.de, Fourtitude and every other Audi fan forum. The brochure claim the Audi RS5 will pump out the aforementioned 450 HP at 8250 RPM from a heavily massaged V8. That's a bump of nearly 100 HP over the already powerful Audi S5.

And lest you confuse it with its weaker sibling, the Audi RS5 gets the full RS visual treatment with the larger stacked three-level inlets up front and characteristic twin pipes out back. Oh, and did we mention the RS5 is even more R8-like with an extend-and-retract spoiler out back?

The big question in our minds is still whether we'll see the RS5 stateside. Back in May of last year, the height of the Carpocalypse, MotorTrend was claiming their Audi sources were confident it was coming. We'll be crossing our fingers but we've heard nothing to indicate that. Still, we can all dream, can't we? Better yet — why don't you tell us in the comments if you'd buy one. I can guarantee Audi's listening.

At the very least we'll know more about this Bavarian brawny boy when it joins a host of other Audis at the Geneva Motor Show. For the moment you'll have to make due with these shots and details.

Send an email to Matt Hardigree, the author of this post, at [email protected].
http://jalopnik.com/5476298/audi-rs5-aluminum-und-mean

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Damn, this is going to be a SICK ride. The S5 is already sexy, this is going to be awesome. Would probably choose this over an M3. Question, though, what's it going to cost if it does make it stateside?

I love the new Audi's. I still think that the M3 will be a better drivers car, since Audi can never match BMW in overall dynamics. They've come very very close though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info