đź“° Auto News Chicago 2010: Chevrolet rolls out Caprice Police Car

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Saw this at the show on Thursday and forgot to post about it.

:bowdown: Do want

chicago-2010-caprice-police.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/12/chicago-2010-chevrolet-rolls-out-caprice-police-car/

Late last year, General Motors announced that it would build a Zeta-based Police Car for North American duty. Though there was already a perfectly good Pontiac G8 available before GM decided to shutter the brand, this Zeta would be based on the longer version of that platform as used by the Holden Statesman and be known as the 2011 Chevrolet Caprice police patrol vehicle.

Well, what do you know. Chevy brought just such a vehicle to the Chicago Auto Show, and we managed to snap off a series of photos to share. According to the personnel manning the booth, the Caprice PPV is still in concept form, complete with a refurbished Toughbook panel from Panasonic attached to the center console.

Being a long-wheelbase Zeta, the Caprice PPV has plenty of room for a divided cockpit with what appears to be a plexiglass barrier protecting the driver and front passenger from whatever or whomever happens to be confined to the rear. Other interesting tidbits include a number of storage locations, including one for weapons between the two front seats.

We're sure the cops will appreciate the E85-compatible 6.0-liter V8 and the 355 horsepower and 385 pound-feet of torque it puts out. Now if only GM could find a way to put just such a Caprice (or, would that be a proper Impala SS?) in every single Chevrolet dealership around the country, they may really be on to something.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Looks cool, except the ram bar sticks out a little far. You would think they could tuck it a little closer to the bumper and have additional bars that wrap around the whole front bumper back to the front tire, if you can picture what I mean. i would think that would minimize damage when doing the pit maneuver.

Csurane24

I like big butts and I can not lie
Jan 30, 2010
Crete
I see No license plate holder on the front. I'd give it a ticket

Oh and just throwing this out there, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it here yet.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/bil...0&GA=96&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=49360&SessionID=76

Amends the Illinois Vehicle Code. Provides that, beginning with the next registration year after the effective date of this amendatory Act in which the Secretary of State distributes newly designed standard registration plates for motor vehicles, the Secretary of State shall issue one registration plate (instead of 2) for newly registered motor vehicles and the registration plate shall be attached to the rear (instead of front and rear) of the motor vehicle

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/stat...cle_64d8c10a-06d3-11df-bb14-001cc4c002e0.html

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Oh and just throwing this out there, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it here yet.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/bil...0&GA=96&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=49360&SessionID=76

Amends the Illinois Vehicle Code. Provides that, beginning with the next registration year after the effective date of this amendatory Act in which the Secretary of State distributes newly designed standard registration plates for motor vehicles, the Secretary of State shall issue one registration plate (instead of 2) for newly registered motor vehicles and the registration plate shall be attached to the rear (instead of front and rear) of the motor vehicle

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/stat...cle_64d8c10a-06d3-11df-bb14-001cc4c002e0.html

It's pretty much stagnant at this moment... the DO PASS motion failed therefore wallowing it in the Committee that it is sitting in currently.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Id still rather much see an Impala based on the G8/Commadore than a Caprice for sale to the public. And as far as a police car goes... I dont really want the ppl pulling me over giving me front plate tickets to have badass cars lol. But it looks much better than the current Impala interceptor.

The impala is one of their "High Volume" cars, and they will not risk such a switch-over, The Caprice on the other hand isn't a current car, and it has never been a FWD car, so it is what people want and expect in a Caprice...

TransHed

Navy Seabee
Sep 3, 2009
Plainfield, IL
The impala is one of their "High Volume" cars, and they will not risk such a switch-over, The Caprice on the other hand isn't a current car, and it has never been a FWD car, so it is what people want and expect in a Caprice...

I can just see a G8/Commadore based Impala being much more aggressive looking (and you know it will have an SS trim with a V8)... and its just a shame that the more bland looking Caprice will be RWD, while the Impala will stay FWD. I almost feel like they should be switched lol.

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
doesn't matter if its doing well, there is no style or design on that car, so fucking plain and boring, its so bland and the only emotion it evokes from me is anger. Here I will post you pictures so people know what im talking about

1957%20chevrolet%20bel%20air%20street%20rod-781084.jpg

this car has amazing design and style

1960impala2.jpg

once again one of a kind home run style

Now for garbage

2009.chevrolet.impala.20239053-396x249.jpg

2009-chevrolet-malibu-08123231990001.jpg

I mean seriously, how utilitarian can one company get with design? Really what does this car offer? 4 wheels and an engine, no design whatsoever. Hence why I think its total crap, and all mundane

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info