đź“° Auto News Officially Official: 2011 BMW 335is

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
335isestoril1630.jpg

Well, you all knew it was coming, so Bimmer made it official: Yes, there is a 2011 BMW 335is, and it'll make its formal debut at the New York Auto Show in late March. The 335is will be available in either coupe (base MSRP $50,525) or convertible (base MSRP $59,075 - ouch!) body styles.

Power is boosted to 320 horses and 332 lb-ft of torque (versus 300 hp/300 lb-ft in the regular 335i) for the reprogrammed N54 twin-turbo I-6, which also benefits from an upgraded cooling system and exhales via a sport exhaust for added audible snarl. BMW also says that the 335is torque number can be temporarily overboosted to 370 lb-ft under certain conditions. A six-speed manual is standard, with the seven-speed DCT available as the optional transmission.

Visually, the BMW 335is is distinguishable by its altered front fascia, which features larger intake openings, and an integrated rear diffuser. On top of that, the car is sprinkled with goodies from BMW's M Sport catalog inside and out. If the standard 335i isn't enough for you, and the M3 is too much (as if there is such a thing), perhaps the 335is is just the right fix for your performance jones. We're looking forward to finding out ourselves once the car arrives in showrooms this spring.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/23/officially-official-2011-bmw-335is-w-video/

Now I thought that I read a couple of days or so ago that the new 335 would be a single turbo set up :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• P
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list