Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/18/nissan-considering-four-door-gt-r-for-infiniti/

MotorTrend supposedly has it on good authority from a source within Nissan that the automaker is looking into producing a four-door version of the Nissan GT-R. The model, which would be badged an Infiniti but wouldn't carry over many of the design elements of the two-door GT-R, might be exactly what disgruntled dealers here in the U.S. want. Although it's possible, it won't be easy since the FM platform would have to be stretched within an inch of its life to accommodate an extra set of doors and usable rear seats. However, the new model could still utilize the same suspension pickup points, and, more importantly, the turbocharged 3.8-liter powerplant, all-wheel-drive system and rear-mounted dual-clutch gearbox.

It's likely that the four-door flagship wouldn't benefit from all the carbon fiber body panels as the coupe, instead using a steel body. That won't do it any dynamic favors, but it would continue to keep the GT-R at the head of the pack while giving Infiniti a new super sedan to do battle with AMG, BMW's M lineup, the IS-F and Audi's RS-line of products.

However, we don't buy Mike Connor's assertion that a "four-door GT-R would have about as much credibility in Japan as a four-door Corvette would here in the U.S." Ummm... Mike, they made one. Actually, they made quite a few, and aside from the four-door R33s and R34s having a considerable following in Japan, we want one here, too.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
and i'll basically be talking to myself but how can you be a writer for a car magazine and not know that the skylines came in 4 door versions :rofl: i can understand not knowing simply b/c we've never had the car, but just do some quick research before you make a statement....just think thats kinda funny

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
So true ...

2856aedd35eed72d71078ee15111276c.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info