Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
G25-blog-thumb-717x477.jpg

Inside Line has learned from an unnamed high-ranking source within Nissan that Infiniti will launch a turbocharged version of its popular G sedan in the fall of 2010. The entry-level model will be called the G25 and will use the same turbocharged 2.5-liter V6 Nissan uses in the Japan-market Skyline 250GT (The Infiniti G is sold in Japan as the Nissan Skyline.)

At launch, the smaller turbo engine will be in the G sedan only and be sold alongside the naturally aspirated V6-powered G37. The idea is that the lower entry price and improved fuel economy of the turbocharged engine will give Infiniti more head-on competition for the popular BMW 328i.

In Japan the turbocharged engine is rated at 210 horsepower and 195 pound-feet of torque, which is competitive with the 3.0-liter inline-6 in the BMW, which is rated at 230 hp and 200 lb-ft.

As of now, a G25 coupe and convertible are not planned, but if sales are brisk on the G25 sedan, both will happen.

IL_logo.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
and a slight variation from autoblog

According the slinky sleuths at InsideLine, the 2011 Infiniti G series will be available with a turbocharged 2.5-liter V6 from the JDM-only Skyline 250GT (known as the Infiniti G in the States). But something's amiss...

Infiniti informed IL that the small V6 will be sold beneath the G37 as an entry-level alternative (think BMW 328i versus 335i), although we're a bit confused about the quoted power outputs. Nissan fitted its naturally aspirated, 210 hp 2.5-liter V6 (VQ25DD) to the Skyline through 2006, but the automaker's turbocharged variant (VQ25DET) puts out 280 hp and 300 lb-ft of torque. The report doesn't clarify which mill is on the way. Regardless, the 2011 Infiniti G25 will only be available as a sedan, so if you have dreams of a budget coupe or convertible, well, get comfortable with the ideas of four doors.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
base price they will prob start at $29K and with options you prob be leaving at $35K. Alot of people want the luxuries but dont want/need to spend more for the 330HP V6, so yes this will sell good. Just look at how many IS250s are on the road vs the IS350. Im assuming and hoping they release the DI VQ37 which will put the G37 around 350HP.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: gay

This past Tuesday, Inside Line reported exclusive information about the coming 2011 Infiniti G25, a smaller-engined, turbocharged variant of the company's very popular G sedan. Well, chalk it up to a spotty cell connection with our source in Japan, or the din of the Detroit auto show floor, jet lag or just plain stupidity, but we got a fact wrong in that report. No excuses. We screwed up and we regret it.

After two days of further research and many calls to Japan, it turns out we were 90 percent right. Here's the absolute truth.

Infiniti will launch a smaller-engined version of its G sedan this fall and the entry-level model will be called the G25. There is no doubt about that. It is a fact. And the car will absolutely use the 2.5-liter V6 Nissan uses in the Japan-market Skyline 250GT (The Infiniti G is sold in Japan as the Nissan Skyline.)

The mistake we made is saying that the engine is turbocharged. It is not. It isn't in the Skyline in Japan and it won't be in the G25. It is a normally aspirated DOHC engine, which is rated at 210 horsepower and 195 pound-feet of torque in Japan. That's enough to be competitive with the 3.0-liter inline-6 in the BMW 328i, which is rated at 230 hp and 200 lb-ft and it's a little stronger than the strong-selling Lexus IS 250, which is rated at 204 hp and 185 lb-ft.

At launch, the smaller V6 will be in the G sedan only and it will be sold alongside the also naturally aspirated V6-powered G37. The idea is that the lower entry price and improved fuel economy of the 2.5-liter engine will give Infiniti more head-on competition for the popular BMW 328i.

As of now, a G25 coupe and convertible are not planned, but if sales are brisk on the G25 sedan, both will happen.

And now you know the real truth. I personally apologize to every Inside Line reader for the previous error.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info