đź“° Auto News US F1 Looking To Sign Kyle Busch From Nascar

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
:dunno:

While the team has yet to sign both of its drivers for 2010 the US F1 team is very keen on signing Kyle Busch for 2011. The team's sporting director, Peter Windsor, has said the team closely follows every move of Sprint Cup driver Kyle Busch.

"If he (Busch) wanted to drive for us in 2011, we'd certainly be keen on that," Windsor told USA Today. "I think there'll be a lot of speculation about that as time goes on. If I was Kyle, I'd be saying to myself, yeah, those guys all talk the talk, let's see what they do, let's see what the car's like. Let's see what the race shop is like. Fair enough. We're going to do a good job. I know when Kyle gets to see it, I'm pretty sure it'll get his pulse rate going.

"I've watched him a lot and have massive respect for him. I know people who know him very well. I believe Kyle can win a world championship in Formula One. I think he's got exactly the right talent, the right approach. I'd love to see him in a Formula One car.

"If he wants to jump in our car next year for doing some demonstrations here in the States, he's very welcome to do that."

The US F1 team drivers for 2010 will probably not be anyone from the US though. "We'll try to get the best drivers we can for sure footing in 2010, and I only say that because there are no American drivers, sadly, eligible to compete in F1 from an administrative point of view," Windsor says. "You need an F1 Super License. It's basically if you've won an international championship single-seater race, you get a Super Licence. No American has done that the last 12 months. That's not an indictment of American motorsports, it's just the way it's gone.

"There's a lot of young American talent, and sooner or later you go IRL or NASCAR. There doesn't seem to be a road into F1 for young Americans. So we'll be that team. Suddenly a young kid wins in Indy Lights, Nationwide or Trucks, now they'll think, 'US F1, I'll give those guys a ring, maybe they'll find a team I can drive for in Europe."

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
id prefer them sign an american, but i dont think nascar drivers are best suited for a F1 car, they can go the other way around but from nascar to F1 is a bit of a stretch honestly. montoya went from F1 cause he was a turd and found himself able to handle nascar though. they need a indy car driver for this one i think, cars are somewhat comparable atleast

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Or at least a NASCAR driver who is versed in the twisties. Tony Stewart is probably too fat to fit in an F1 car, but that guy has done well in road racing other series as a guest driver.

Maybe they should get Scott Speed :mamoru:

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
Or at least a NASCAR driver who is versed in the twisties. Tony Stewart is probably too fat to fit in an F1 car, but that guy has done well in road racing other series as a guest driver.

Maybe they should get Scott Speed :mamoru:

i hope they do get scott speed, he got put into a dog shit car and they dogged him for doing bad in it..... the car was one of the worst cars made

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info