Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
May the best car win. So says General Motors' Bob Lutz, and he's willing to put his Pilotis where his mouth is... so to speak. On a conference call last month, Maximum Bob challenged any journalist to a duel with the Cadillac CTS-V, and, not surprisingly, the mantle was picked up right quick by the boys at Jalopnik.

Rules? Sorta. Any stock production four-door sedan is reportedly eligible to go up against the Big V, and the drivers will be lining up against the clock on October 29 at the Mo*****llo Motor Club in Mo*****llo, N.Y. While Jalop's Wes Siler was originally slated to go up against Lutz in a Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG, that car has since been switched out in favor of the Jaguar XFR (earning the ire of TTAC in the process).

Here's the best part: Anyone who happens to own a new comparable sport sedan, such as a BMW M3 or M5, perhaps a Mercedes-Benz AMG sedan or the Audi S4 (not to mention the Mitsubishi Evolution), is welcome to submit themselves for consideration to take part in the festivities in New York. We're not sure how the participants will be selected or exactly what the racing will entail, but if you're interested in throwing your hat into the ring, click here. For what it's worth, we've driven the CTS-V around Mo*****llo, and we figure the smart money is on the Daddy Caddy.

[Autoblog]

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Last month, during a discussion with journalists about our “May the Best Car Win” marketing campaign, I was trying to get across just exactly what that theme means. And what it means is, of course, just what it says.

We have a lineup of vehicles that we think, if given a chance, can stack up with the best the rest of the automotive manufacturing world has to offer. One of the examples I cited was the Cadillac CTS-V, and I went so far as to challenge the journalists to find a stock production sedan on the planet that could outperform the CTS-V on the track. I proposed a track duel, “run what ya brung,” at a time and place to be determined.

Well, that time and place has been determined. The guys at Jalopnik.com were the first ones to respond to the challenge, quickly and most enthusiastically, but I suspect there will be more. We’ll be having a full racetrack challenge October 29 at the Mo*****llo Motor Club in Mo*****llo, N.Y., not far from the New York City area.

And I put the challenge out to you. If you own a car comparable to the Cadillac CTS-V (a 4-door production stock sport sedan) and you want to match up against me and the Cadillac, you can join us at Mo*****llo. Follow the link here to fill out an application. From the list of applicants we’ll select several challengers to join us for the V-Series Challenge.

As I said in the previous chat, we’re going to take away every last excuse people have not to consider our products. We know that some consumers still think Cadillac cars do not have the top-end performance they believe the German luxury cars have. The development objective of the 556-hp Cadillac CTS- V was to create the world’s best high-performance sedan. In final testing, the car lapped the legendary Nurburgring in 7:59.32, fastest ever for a production sedan (recently eclipsed, reportedly, by Porsche Panamera). In other words, we believe we have achieved our goal of building the world’s fastest sedan, but I look forward to putting that theory to the test…. and may the best car win.

M

Mitchubishievo

I hope someone brings an Evo FQ400 over, that would end any and all bickering quickly haha.

My money still on the Caddy no matter what sedan comes in. I've driven one and can attest to how good the car feels, how quick it moves, and how well it puts down power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info