Chicago

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Altiery would disagree.

I'm just going by what I've seen and driven. I got a G5 as a rental, and it may have been the worst car i've ever driven (worst probably being the rental sebring sedan i got next). I'm not saying the Focus is on par with BMW or Bentley or anything, but just the ergonomics, materials, and overall driving experience is MUCH better than the cobalt/ G5.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
I'm just going by what I've seen and driven. I got a G5 as a rental, and it may have been the worst car i've ever driven (worst probably being the rental sebring sedan i got next). I'm not saying the Focus is on par with BMW or Bentley or anything, but just the ergonomics, materials, and overall driving experience is MUCH better than the cobalt/ G5.

im not gonna lie, cobalts and g5's do have some of the worst interiors ive ever laid eyes/sat my ass on, my lumina and pacer both feel like cadillacs compared to a cobalt, although whats under the hood of altierys cobalt is nothin to mess around with really,

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I didn't drag motors into the equation, because i'll be the first to admit that the ecotec is a fine engine, and if it wasn't for the GM body/interior I'd probably be riding around in a TC 4-door Cobalt SS rather than the PTGT. But I think I'd still rather give the nod to chrysler for Turbocharged 4-cylinder engines. You still see Spirit R/T's, Omni GLHS', and Daytona Turbos running around and making some good power too. Hell the same basic motor is in my PTGT, it must be doing something right.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
:rofl: @ this thread.

I think the Cash for Clunkers is crap. A lot of people will probably make more money selling private party. Although, not everyone wants to or can wait to sell private party.

Well isnt the point of cash for clunkers for people with old, broke ass cars to buy newer ones? So old that they wouldnt be able to be $3500 or $4500 on the street? But, on the other hand, if the people with "clunkers" have these busted ass cars, then they probably cant afford to buy brand new anyways.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Well isnt the point of cash for clunkers for people with old, broke ass cars to buy newer ones? So old that they wouldnt be able to be $3500 or $4500 on the street? But, on the other hand, if the people with "clunkers" have these busted ass cars, then they probably cant afford to buy brand new anyways.

The car has to be in running condition, enough to get to the dealership. However, alot of people are trading in perfectly running cars that have plenty of life left. Its another downfall of this communist program. They are taking the "clunkers" off the road that could have been given to a charity or provided a lower income family a usable car. Some people cant afford a new car in today's economy even with the $4500 credit.

no what suxs is that they are pouring liquid glass in the motors to screw them up when they can be donating them to schools with auto programs like mine so kids can learn. plus people are taking to much advantage of this like for instance i know ppl that are trading in clunkers for new cobolts and there gonna mod the hell out of them cus they can and its not different if ur driving ur clunker or the cobolt because kids are droppin in like exhausts and shit with is still bad for the enviroment so theres no difference in helping the economy. but who cares

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info