Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The next BMW M5 is due to arrive sometime in 2011 or 2012 and as the release date draws near, more details about BMW's newest 'Bahn-burner have begun to surface.

Two reports indicate that BMW may continue to use a V10 powerplant in the next M5, although there's still some evidence that the twin-turbocharged 4.4-liter V8 currently fitted to the X5M and X6M could be tweaked and fitted in its place. However, if BMW decides to stick with the bent-ten, a thoroughly revised version based off the 'utes' V8 would be employed, packing a duo of turbos to boost output up and over the 600 hp mark, and giving the Audi RS6 a run for its money.

But it won't be all about power. BMW is also expected to use an F1-style KERS system to increase performance and fuel economy, along with an engine start-stop setup and an eight-speed dual-clutch gearbox. If the rumors are to be believed, expect the next M5 to make its debut sometime in 2011, with sales beginning in early 2012.

[Autoblog]

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
untitled-1.jpg

Take thrust where ever you want!

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Will be awesome until all of the grand electronic gadgetry fails, MB and BMW don't get the concept of "less is more". With all the techno-bable they are going to put into it, there will no doubt be a laundry list of glitches, bugs, shorts, etc etc.

Thats what happend to VW and Saab in the late 80's early 90's, shit got to complicated, so it fucked up a lot..... I.E. vacuum modulated locks :picard:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
If both GM and BMW are benchmarking the future car off the current model of the M5, then the resulting cars should be on a similar performance level

I'd agree with that, and makes sense if the new M5 has 600hp, although I think if the M5 does have 600 hp with the 8 speed, it will run circles around the current cts-v.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
The c7 vette is slated for something like 2015, so I don't see a new cts-v coming out for a very, very, very long time.

New no, but I could see them shoe-horning in the ZR1 motor (slightly de-tuned of course) to keep it competitive with the M5(if the M5 has 600+HP) Thus an "updated" CTS-V.... it probably is an easy changeover knowing GM's love to share parts

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
The CTS-V DOES have a detuned zr1 motor...

Different pistons, comp. ratio, intercooler, and blower.....that is very detuned.... I was thinking like a bigger pulley and call it a day..... time will tell I guess

The supercharged 6.2 L LSA is similar to the LS9 and debuted in the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V. The LSA has been SAE certified at 556 hp (415 kW) at 6100 rpm and 551 lb·ft (747 N·m) of torque at 3800 rpm. The LSA features a smaller 1.9 L capacity supercharger rather than the 2.3 L variant of the LS9. Other differences include a slightly lower 9.0:1 compression ratio, single unit heat exchanger and cast pistons.

Applications:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info