đź“° Auto News The 2010 model lineup for Pontiac will ONLY be a Vibe?

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
Seems GM has found another way to further humiliate the Pontiac brand.

The ONLY 2010 Pontiac is going to be the Vibe! (And it's really a Toyota Matrix!!) They will make the G6 only for rental companies and the government.
Oh, and you can get the 2010 Vibe in "Ignition Orange". :picard:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2009/06/pontiac-to-offer-the-vibe-and-nothing-else-in-2010.html

Recently GM interim CEO Fritz Henderson reiterated the company’s position that the G8 would not carry on as either a Buick, Chevy or Cadillac. The G3 and G5 will also cease production this year, while the G6 will only be made available to government, corporate and rental car fleets.

There has been no word lately on the Solstice model. GM had made it known that it would consider offers for the Solstice (as well as the Saturn Sky and Opel GT) as a separate entity, but with the sale of Saturn to Penske, that now seems unlikely.

In an effort to spice up sales of the final run of the Vibe, Pontiac will offer the car with air conditioning standard, and make it available in a new color - Ignition Orange.

GM’s official line is that it wants to work with Toyota on a new vehicle to build at the joint GM-Toyota NUMI plant in California where sister cars the Vibe and Martix are produced, but our sources have indicated that GM wants out.

While the Vibe is a great car, we hope the sad irony of a vehicle built for utilitarian purposes being the last one offered by the company’s performance brand is not lost on the folks at GM.

30041.jpg

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
whats wrong with vibes.
lol

in all honesty tho... why not keep it... its made in a joint partnership between pontiac and toyota... cant cost much

I honestly don't see anything wrong with a Vibe, But to have your "Performance" division go out with just one vehicle is sort of humiliating.
Why not end with at least some special edition GXP models?
The G8 GXP with the LS7 would be awesome. A G6 with the 304hp V-6 would be great. Hell even make a Vibe GXP with the 260hp turbo Ecotec would be nice. There must be enough of them since in 35 days they will make the last Solstice/Sky vehicles and I'm sure they'll have some turbo Eco's laying around.

It's sad the same division that started a performance craze by adding in a 300+hp tri-powered V-8 into a car is going out with a mere 162hp single vehicle.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
As a 2010 model year the Vibe will be the only car offered to consumers. There are already 2010 MY Vibes on dealership lots. It sounded as if production was planned to continue into 2010, which it looks like will not happen now.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I honestly don't see anything wrong with a Vibe, But to have your "Performance" division go out with just one vehicle is sort of humiliating.
Why not end with at least some special edition GXP models?
The G8 GXP with the LS7 would be awesome. A G6 with the 304hp V-6 would be great. Hell even make a Vibe GXP with the 260hp turbo Ecotec would be nice. There must be enough of them since in 35 days they will make the last Solstice/Sky vehicles and I'm sure they'll have some turbo Eco's laying around.

It's sad the same division that started a performance craze by adding in a 300+hp tri-powered V-8 into a car is going out with a mere 162hp single vehicle.

I completely agree.

You forgot about the 2010 Pontiac G6, which will only be available to fleets. Nice, Pontiac :picard:

i think he did say something bout this...

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
Not a great record of its final days....But that does prove the point what has Pontiac launched in the last 20 years that was Pontiac specific, and was not originally from another country. :dunno:

Nothing.

The last true Pontiac was the Fiero. (which was last built 21 years ago.)
Actually it is basically the only "real" Pontiac in 50 years. ;)
The chassis was designed and built by Pontiac. No other vehicle used the P-body.
The 2.5L "Iron Duke" was designed and built by Pontiac back in 1976 and was used until 1991.
The Fiero was only sold by Pontiac.

If I recall the Fiero is the only GM chassis to be used on a single vehicle. Even the Corvette now has a shared chassis with Cadillac.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info