đź“° Auto News Illegal racing reaching 'ridiculous' levels

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
The story is too long to post. Looks like news videos are laced throughout the page.

Seems like if a speeding car gets in an accident or hurts someone, street racing is automatically the culprit. They mention in the story there's different 'instances' of racing, or 'challenges' (LOL). They want to tag all the dumbass kids out there speeding from light to light 'street racers'... False.. I'm sure shit has been like that since Fred Flintstone and foot powered vehicles! Doesn't mean they're street racing.. just means they're being stupid.

They go to say mention this type of 'challenge':

• planned events where racers stage contests for money, sometimes tens of thousands of dollars.

These contests for money don't usually involve the type of folk they're mentioning in their first 'type'. I'd put alot more money on it that people are more likely to get hurt getting beat up from not paying than in a car accident.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/22/street.racing/index.html

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
the media really overhypes everything these days....yea accidents do happen and not that i "condone" street racing, but the times ive been to big turnouts, its actually pretty safe. people arent idiots at the organized races....its the kids in their shitboxes trying to be paul walker that causes problems

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
the media really overhypes everything these days....yea accidents do happen and not that i "condone" street racing, but the times ive been to big turnouts, its actually pretty safe. people arent idiots at the organized races....its the kids in their shitboxes trying to be paul walker that causes problems

exactly or in the middle of traffic

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
not that i'm pointing the finger...but its rather funny that virtually EVERY TIME you read a story or watch a news piece on streetracing, hondas are ALWAYS involved

"steven was racing his 1997 honda civic when he lost control and crashed into a family of 4"

maybe its just cause its the midwest but EVERY report i read is always talking like hondas are the only cars raced :rofl:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
lol, no im saying thats what they think

I think when Hulk Hogans son Wrecked his Supra that spawned a tidal-wave of media on street-racing that hasn't stopped since.

and to be quite frank, the only 'road rage' accident I've ever been involved in was when I witnessed a red civic driven by a mexican crash into netchemica while the mexican had his KID IN THE BACK SEAT.

I ALSO agree, that alot of morons think their civics are the end all, and because of shit like that Honda's get a bad wrap. (And the mass media hype doesn't help either)

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Fucking idiots....."They chose a straight two-lane road. It had hills, something Simcoe needed for a running start because first gear in his 1993 Honda Civic EX didn't work."

I still think there should be harsher penalties for doing this.......street racing is stupid.

LeddZepp8687

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Warrenville, IL
I think when Hulk Hogans son Wrecked his Supra that spawned a tidal-wave of media on street-racing that hasn't stopped since.

and to be quite frank, the only 'road rage' accident I've ever been involved in was when I witnessed a red civic driven by a mexican crash into netchemica while the mexican had his KID IN THE BACK SEAT.

I ALSO agree, that alot of morons think their civics are the end all, and because of shit like that Honda's get a bad wrap. (And the mass media hype doesn't help either)

Oh that was so fucking funny.

bad for kamil tho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info