đź“° Auto News Rumormill: Chrysler to sell Jeep to International?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ever since Cerberus bought a controlling interest in Chrysler, many have openly speculated that the private equity fund would ultimately split up the company and sell it off. Those rumors have intensified in the last six months as the troubles of Chrysler and the rest of the industry have grown. Of the three brands in the stable, Jeep is generally considered to be the only one that has any significant value to potential buyers. Interestingly, the same thing was true in 1987 when Chrysler bought American Motors Corporation just to get the Jeep brand.

A report has just popped up on the website for JP Magazine that the International Trucks unit of Navistar has purchased Jeep. We've contacted Chrysler for a comment on the story and spokesman Ed Garsten told us he hasn't "...heard a thing on this." The story may turn out to be untrue – in fact, we suspect it may be an unfortunately-timed April Fool's joke that's been published online commensurate with that publication's newsstand schedule. Despite all that, International would perhaps be a fitting owner for Jeep. Back in the '60s and '70s, the International Scout was perhaps the closest competitor to the CJ and old Scouts are still popular among off-roaders. As for the fate of Jeep and the rest of Chrysler, we'll have to keep waiting.

400px-Logo-autoblog-com.gif

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I dont see Chrlsler selling Jeep off. It makes them a good bit of money and they dont have anything from dodge or chrysler to fill it in really. Unless Cerberus is doing it.

But on a side note i'd love to see some Powerstroke motors in a Jeep someday. LOL

Jizzums

sweetest bitch
Nov 12, 2007
Warrenville
Real Name
Jamie
just talked to my buddy at International...he said the rumor has been around for a few weeks now but hes heard nothing on his end yet

I think the rumor has been going on for awhile. I think I remember my brother saying something to be about it, like more than a few weeks ago. (He's back at international now)

But either way, win.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info