PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Saw this on clubgp...

800px-New_Buick_Park_Avenue.jpg

Apparently its going to be sold in China... I wouldnt be surprized if it gets to the US though.

ANOTHER GM rebadge.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
The Chinese culture doesn't allow an employee to have a vehicle (or other similar luxuries) that is nicer than their bosses. Most higher level managers in China's new capitalist economy have a love affair with Cadillac. Keep in mind; owning a Cadillac in China is like owning a Bentley GT here. Given that, China's growing middle class desires a luxury car with a similar "import" status but it can't be better than their boss's Cadillac...enter the Buick. Buick has been GM's cash cow in Asia for the past 5 years or so; I believe they are also building Buicks there. China is the largest growth segment of the automotive market and is now demanding vehicles tailored to their demand.

What frightens me is that China's drivers are the worst in the world. However, I think its only fare that we send them overpowered American cars so they can kill themselves and a few pedestrians since they sent us all of those lead paint ladened tonka toys...and MSG!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info