đź“° Auto News No Kimi - Schumi Duel at Jerez v. boooo

Chef Ramsay

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2007
The programme for Michael Schumacher's Jerez test has been modified so that the retired champion does not go head-to-head with his successor Kimi Raikkonen.

Although Ferrari's head of track activities Luca Baldisserri revealed last week that Schumacher will be driving at Jerez on 4 December, it now emerges that the German will not exit the Spanish circuit's pitlane until two days later.

Instead, the opening two days of the final test of 2007 will be reserved for Ferrari's new world champion, with the other side of the Italian team's garage to be occupied by test driver Marc Gene.

"Kimi will test on 4 and 5 December (and) Michael on 6 and 7 December," a Ferrari spokesman told the German newspaper Bild.

After more than a year on the sidelines, Schumacher set the pace when he tested for two

days earlier this month in Barcelona.

'The comparison (between Raikkonen and Schumacher) will not take place,' the Italian sports daily La Gazzetta dello Sport mourned.

Bild, meanwhile, reasoned that separating the two famous drivers will 'enable Ferrari to make its excuses if Schumi is faster than Kimi'.

Like Raikkonen, 2007 runner-up Lewis Hamilton will also return from a post-season break to test at Jerez.

Chef Ramsay

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2007
:bowrofl: DC fucking cracks me up:

Coulthard doubted Alonso would end up at Red Bull, who finished fifth overall this year and have yet to win a race. He absolutely ruled out the Spaniard replacing him.

"Why would Fernando leave McLaren to come to Red Bull at the moment?," he asked. "If he didn't enjoy not winning a lot at McLaren, he definitely isn't going to enjoy not winning at all at Red Bull at the moment is he?"

The 36-year-old said his own contract at Red Bull was water-tight, in any case.

"They simply cannot not put me in the car next year, even if they wanted not to, unless there was a solution found," he said.

"Having been around the block a few times, my contract specifically states that if there's a world championship, they (Red Bull) have to enter me in it."

Chef Ramsay

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2007
Brawn planned Ferrari exit in '04

Honda Racing team principal Ross Brawn has hinted that he never had any serious intention of returning to Ferrari after his sabbatical this year.

Brawn had previously been expected to renew his long-serving ties with Ferrari after deciding to take a break from Formula One during 2007.

Despite holding talks with the team, however, Brawn eventually opted to become team boss at Honda Racing in a bid to return the Japanese manufacturer to the front of the grid.

Although that move surprised many, with some tipping him to become team principal at Ferrari, Brawn has revealed that his plan to leave Ferrari was formulated three years ago. He says he was happy to call time on his career at Maranello after a decade there.

"My departure from Ferrari was a well orchestrated undertaking that was running over a three-year period," he said in an interview with the official Formula One website.

"At the end of 2004 I signed a new two-year contract with Ferrari, knowing that this was the last contract that I wanted to do as it was then the end of a ten year period.

"So gradually we started to build a (new) structure in the areas I was responsible - and this year's result has proved that this structure works, and that Ferrari remain a very strong team."

wow...

Chef Ramsay

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2007
Fucking Crazy SPANIARDS !

Not content with starting an online petition claiming that Pedro de la Rosa is the man for the McLaren seat next season despite his fairly unremarkable track record, the Spanish fans are at it again this week, this time for countryman Fernando Alonso.

More than 130,000 Alonso supporters have lodged their dissatisfaction about the Spaniard's 2007 campaign at McLaren with Formula One's governing body.

A group of the Spaniard's fans collected the signatures on the petition, which weighed 30 kilograms and numbered 7200 pages when delivered to the FIA's headquarters, after objecting to allegedly 'unjust' events relating to the double world champion this season.

Europa Press reports that a letter to FIA President Max Mosley and a CD-ROM outlines

'many irregularities' relating to Alonso's failed championship campaign.

"We do not expect anything to happen, we just want it known that we are not blind," said one of the group's founders, Marcos Lopez.

They also sent copies of the accusations to Spanish ministers Mercedes Cabrera and Jaime Lissavetzky, and high ranking Spanish motor sport official Carlos Gracia.

Among their complaints are unfavourable McLaren race strategies, alleged sabotage of Alonso's car, unfair penalties, and the FIA's reluctance to similarly penalise his team-mate Lewis Hamilton for breaches...

:rofl:

Chef Ramsay

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2007
More british hate please

Andy Priaulx says Lewis Hamilton has stolen most of the limelight from any other British driver.

The 33-year-old from Guernsey won the World Touring Car Championship for the third year running last month, but the achievement rated hardly a mention in the press.

F1's rookie runner-up Hamilton, by contrast, is currently embarking on a saturation of celebrity appearances and plaudits, and on Sunday is odds-on to pick up the 'BBC sports personality of the year' gong.

"I've given up trying to educate people. I'm just doing this for my own reasons now," Priaulx, who drives for BMW in one of the FIA's three sanctioned championships, told Reuters.

"I get recognition from within the sport and that's enough," he said.

Priaulx does not personally blame Hamilton for his lack of recognition, but insists that the 22-year-old McLaren driver "has taken a lot of attention away from the other British drivers."

"People have got on the bandwagon," he explained.

"They did it with Jenson Button too but Jenson wasn't driving a championship-winning car

(in 2007).
If he had he would have got the same kind of attention I'm sure. That's just the
way it is."

Priaulx tested a few times for Williams in 2005.

Retired Formula One commentator Murray Walker, meanwhile, is a Hamilton fan but believes comparisons with high achievers like Michael Schumacher and Alain Prost are premature.

"Schumacher won seven world championships, Prost won four," he told the Daily Telegraph. "Hamilton has yet to win one, although he came so close.

"F1 is unpredictable and he has a long way to go," Walker, 84, added.

He said: "This year he was able to display his talents in the best car, but next year's McLaren may not be a winner. It has happened before."

Chef Ramsay

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2007
20 Things Ferrari Have Learned In 2007

1. They don't need Michael Schumacher any more

2. They don't need Ross Brawn any more

3. They don't even need Jean Todt any more

4. They may not need Schumi in the team any more, but the Finnish branch of the Ferrari supporter's club doesn't sell nearly as much merchandise as the German branch,

5. It would be worth making Schumi an official tester just so that he could have his own current range of merchandise (and it would still outsell the other two combined).

6. Red lights at the end of the pitlane mean stop. Don't they Felipe.

7. Their car may be the best on the grid, but their e.mail system (as witnessed at the Japanese GP) is the worst.

8. Intermediates don't work very well in monsoons.

9. It IS possible to have a great season, win both championships without the use of team orders.

10. If a senior member of the team voices discontent and thoughts of moving to another team in the motorsport media, that's a bit of a clue... keep an eye on them.

11. Also, watch out for members of staff with suspicious white powder (that defies chemical analysis for great periods of time) in their pockets.

12. Instead of letting him have the car for free, they could actually make extra money by charging Michael Schumacher to test the F2007 - because he would undoubtedly pay up.

13. Kimi Raikkonen IS worth the money.

14. Felipe Massa may not be very articulate, but compared to Kimi he is Brazil's poet laureate.

15. Whoever designed the 2007 team strip was inspired by the Bella Italia pizza chain - "Scuderia Pizzaria, we deliver the fastest pizza."

16. It might have been worth holding off the deal to sign Felipe Massa for a couple more weeks - after all, who else was he going to go and sign for...?

17. It may be a decent investment to give Ferraris to all the photo-copying shop managers around the Woking area - just in case Stepneygate happens again.

18. Fernando Alonso just adores wheel-to-wheel action with Felipe Massa, especially at his home grand prix.

19. Luca Montezemolo loves a challenge and this year he almost beat Ron Dennis to 'F1's poorest loser'. However some things you just can't take away from Ron.

20. The championship isn't over till it's over.

Chef Ramsay

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2007
Jerez Testing: GUESS WHOS BACK!

NUMBER ONE CAR BITCHES !!!
89231.jpg

89212.jpg

89210.jpg

89218.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info