New Sierra tailgate

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It’s cool in theory but how much is just gimmicky vs truly useful. It’s like a leatherman tool, you probably only use the knife blade and pliers, the rest stays mostly unused.

much like a lot of new truck (or vehicle in general) developments.

camera's to see inside of your trailer.
a knob to back up your trailer.
the extendable handle to get into your bed

etc etc

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
It’s cool in theory but how much is just gimmicky vs truly useful. It’s like a leatherman tool, you probably only use the knife blade and pliers, the rest stays mostly unused.

These are my thoughts also. I cracked up when he put his laptop up there, lol

The step he used to load the dirtbike looked like a nice thing to have, but I think they used some camera trickery because i'm pretty sure you still couldn't get the dirtbike up there solo even with the step unless you have 4' arms. It's too far forward. Maybe i'm wrong there

I'd hate to know how much that thing costs to replace, or how much it added to the purchase price of the truck. Probably an easy $3k+, and IMO doesn't add anywhere near $3k worth of utility

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

The step he used to load the dirtbike looked like a nice thing to have, but I think they used some camera trickery because i'm pretty sure you still couldn't get the dirtbike up there solo even with the step unless you have 4' arms. It's too far forward. Maybe i'm wrong there

I'd hate to know how much that thing costs to replace, or how much it added to the purchase price of the truck. Probably an easy $3k+, and IMO doesn't add anywhere near $3k worth of utility
Loading a dirt bike is that easy, I used to step on my stand or a bucket but easily done by yourself unless you’re really short.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I wish things were like the old days and you could order individual options instead of packages. Instead you have to spend $3k+ for the one little option you won’t. Or, it’s a standard feature and the whole price of the vehicle goes up.
I soooo wish that was possible.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I think it's fair to say your tailgate is significantly cheaper to replace than this one tho.

i wasn't talkin' about mine sailor.

boss's truck's tailgate got opened onto a trailer jack...

easier to buy a replacement used bed than a tailgate :rofl:

price out your tailgate... especially if it has any options.

then you'll also know why tailgates get stolen so frequently. :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
2020-GMC-Sierra-2500HD-AT4-015.jpg

i like the interiors :dunno:

the size of the interiors is more annoying to me, i could do a cartwheel in the back seat of a ford.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info