Dodge bringing back the 426?

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Great news!

I have a '64 426 Hemi and this shit is not accurate at all....
The elephant was the nickname of the old 426 Hemi because it was big and heavy (and initially slow, lets be fair) when it was delivered to professional racers for Dodge. In an attempt to destroy the motor to go back to a wedge design, they cranked up the timing ‘through the roof’ and went out for a lap. Not only did it not die, it did well! So they gave it more timing and out for another lap, surely they’d kill it this time. Instead they realized they had figured out how to get the hemi hauling, and from there on history was made (1-2-3-4 Nascar podium sweep for Chrysler, as well as breaking the 200 MPH barrier with the Dodge Charger Daytona).

Real story is quite interesting. It kicked ass from the git-go.
https://www.allpar.com/history/inside/plymouth-11-nascar.html

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Really?! I don’t think I’ve seen you mention that in every post you’ve made since you discovered you can’t afford to boost your car...lol

:fu: yeah yeah Im an adult and have other priorities too you know wife kids house ect. And besides im just a poor dumb govt. employee not the average TCG hedge fund manager millionaire......

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
I'm at SEMA and they were playing this commercial at the Mopar booth today. Also im guessing what ever's under the tarp (looks like a charger with a big ass air grabber) will house this new motor

66t7hFG.jpg

iXetapj.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info