BMW supercar in the works?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
450kw looks to be about 600hp. This could be interesting. The article show pictures that look to be a concept of a modern day M1. But I don't think there is anything proven that the new car would look like that.

So is a board member dropping hints or is it just his wishful thinking?

BMW looks set to unleash a 450kW-plus hybrid supercar powered by a petrol engine and electric motors.

To utilise the existing lightweight carbon architecture of the i8 sports car, the supercar could appear as early as 2021 as a flagship for the luxury brand that prides itself on driving excitement.

While stopping short of confirming the project was a done deal, the board member responsible for product development for the German car maker, Klaus Frolich, strongly hinted that a BMW supercar was in the works.

“(A) Supercar is my personal wish … I think there is a next window of opportunity whenever we have the life cycle for i8,” said Frolich at the 2018 Paris motor show. “I’m working very hard to make it happen.”

4/4
Frolich nominated the chassis of the i8, a car that utilises electric motors and a three-cylinder turbo engine, as the starting point for a BMW supercar.

“The chassis is so robust, so good and so lightweight that I would like to use it for a second generation,” he said.

https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/bmw-outlines-future-supercar-plans-119666

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Vinteresting. 600hp would move okay, at the same time I'd think you'd be talking nearer 3K lbs not 4K as the barrier to break. Then again as a hybrid it may be breaking some rules in that regard too tbh. At least with the batteries they could probably mess with the power to weight to put it where they liked it.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
If BMW made a modern M1 crossed with a Pantera.....

That thing looks badass I like it. overview-215.jpegoverview-306.jpegoverview-415.jpegoverview-307.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Pressure Ratio
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list