Did You Know That Last Year 89,470 Americans Bought A Dodge Journey?

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
https://jalopnik.com/did-you-know-that-last-year-89-470-americans-bought-a-d-1822444911

gebdbecypwgbbtgicnup.png

We’re still wondering why.

It is fundamentally the same exact car as the one that went on sale in 2007.

You can buy literally any other car. FCA itself sells a variety of other small crossover-y things that are much newer and better.

Amazingly, the total figure of Journey buyers in 2017 is even higher than the 89,470 of us Americans who picked one up. It climbs to 103,215 if you count Canadian sales, per GoodCarBadCar. We don’t have figures for other international markets (such as, say, Mexico) so the total figure is a troubling unknown.

When I first noticed how many people bought the Dodge Journey, I thought it was clearly just people who made bad decisions. We all have that one friend that continuously makes horrendously wrong decisions, even when faced with two options where one is clearly the better and wiser choice.

Yes, you can get one with three rows of seating. Yes, you can get one with a 283-horsepower V6 and all-wheel-drive. Yes, you can get one with a TV screen for the back seat. Yes, you can get an 8.4" touchscreen in the dash and navigation and seats and all that for just $33,825. And from an “intellectual” standpoint, that’s a Good Choice.

z9q2kbjhhnwxf0cm6dnc.png

But is it? Is it really? Because at the end of the day you’ve got a Dodge Journey. That’s like going out and deciding what food to eat not by what is most delicious, or what is most nutritious, but by the maximum caloric value.

“Oh yes, I like to eat at the Cheesecake Factory because that is the only way I can guarantee 8,000,000 pounds of food-like product will go into my face at every meal,” you say.

And it’s not just me that has contempt for the Dodge Journey. Dodge itself hates the Dodge Journey. Here’s just how much contempt they treat buyers of the Dodge Journey with:

tflj0n5iwd4slbunnnjt.png

Yes, if you want it in off-white/beige nonsense, you’ll be getting a color called “White Noise.” As in, monotonous. Bland. Specifically designed to put you to sleep.

And then they charge you $500 for the privilege.

Did you buy a Dodge Journey in the past year?

We do not want to hear from you. You are clearly deranged.

WE MUST STOP THIS MADNESS

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Subprime sales. So in a way, yes, its all people who make bad decisions.

On the Dodge side of the CJDR lot, the Journey is now the cheapest vehicle they sell.

Chrysler Capital (read: Santander) throws extra incentives on the Journey to buyers below a 580 FICO.

My buddy who sells Dodge basically told me this is the easiest car to put a customer in with bad credit and a ton of negative equity. You can absorb a lot of it with the incentives on the car.

crazy.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Folks look at vehicles as appliances. Get the family or cargo from Point A to Point B.

Dodge runs some good deals and you have 89,000 sold.

Loaded they are $33k? Moderately equipped in high $20s? Very appealing to those who do not want to spend Honda, Toyota, Ford pricing for 3rd row seating (i.e. high calorie intake like the McDonalds value meal).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info