Alfa Giulia is MotorTrend Car of the Year

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
From the side or rear, yes. That front end is something only a mother could love.

I know that there are many criteria they use to make this determination aside from emperical data, but shouldn't stuff like perceived reliability (I know they blurbed that their's has been flawless, but Alfa's reputation precedes them), then adequate dealer network to purchase and have them serviced weigh in to the argument?? If that is the case, Alfa fails as there are only 5 or 6 in the Chicago area. If that's how many we have, figure if you live in a smaller city or heck, even out in the sticks, much less. Granted, someone living in the sticks probably isn't looking at Alfa's anyway, but I digress...

I get that they claim it changes the playing field in which it competes, but that isn't enough for me to overcome the things mentioned above.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Since they're talking high powered sedans, why not make this car of the year

a50a31d6513083f4cfbec2593fe0c663.jpg

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Since they're talking high powered sedans, why not make this car of the year

a50a31d6513083f4cfbec2593fe0c663.jpg

because other than decent straight line performance, the car is trash.

the alpha is so gorgeous, sounds amazing, and is great to drive. too bad it's not reliable. being such a niche car brand do techs have the equipment and know how to fix them?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012

the alpha is so gorgeous, sounds amazing, and is great to drive. too bad it's not reliable. being such a niche car brand do techs have the equipment and know how to fix them?

I agree, my Jeep is a pos.
Will never buy a Chrysler /Dodge again...

I just get excited about 707hp with a warranty...
:pedobear:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I'm kind of shocked by this. Should I be shocked by this?

Considering the all of the electrical problems I'd be surprised if anyone wasn't shocked by this. :drums::io:

From MT, not really. What the Alfa does exceedingly well is driving enjoyment. Everything else, not so much.

Its a gorgeous car.

No arguments on this. It's crazy fast. A 7:39 on the ring' is flying. Remember when we were hoping for those times from the C6 Z06? Back on 2005 when they first ran the Z06 it only clocked a 7:42. Nuts. [EDIT: apparently the 2005 Z06 time was standing start, not flying lap. Still, I'm impressed]

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

I thought dodgy reliability was part of the charm of an Alfa? :rofl:

I agree this car is gorgeous

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info