Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Fastest Production Nurburgring Lap - Porsche 911 GT2 RS 'Ring Time

Just a few months ago, the Lamborghini Huracan Performante shocked the world when it ran a 6:52.01 lap at the Nurburgring, beating the record holding Porsche 918 Spyder by five seconds. It was such a fast lap that people didn't believe Lamborghini actually set the lap. When that happened, it was thought that nobody would be going quicker than the Lamborghini for a long, long time.

The record lasted just six months.

Today, Porsche has announced thatit has reclaimed the record from its sister VW Group brand with the 911 GT2 RS. Porsche says that the car lapped the 'Ring in 6:47.30 seconds, which takes another five seconds off of Lamborghini's lap record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh8_2zQZ3xM

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
as an aside, i'm pretty much down to go to the ring almost any time...

checking some notes from the last time i played around with calculating anything (oops didn't keep the inputs either), it looked like the worst case scenario burn rate for a r4r swift would be $97/lap for a shared car. or, more fun, us each having a swift for 5 laps for $550 apiece (with the option to keep adding more laps)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info