Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I bolded the best part :rofl:

Report: Ferrari IS Planning an SUV | News | Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

As more and more high-end auto brands—Porsche, Bentley, Jaguar, Maserati, Rolls-Royce, Lamborghini, Aston Martin—are seduced by the fat profits to be scooped up by selling an SUV, the question increasingly has been: Will there ever be a Ferrari SUV? Not long ago, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles supremo—and Ferrari CEO—Sergio Marchionne answered that question in dramatic fashion when he said, “You have to shoot me first.” Now, however, a report in Britain’s Car magazine says Ferrari is in fact readying an SUV, code-named Project F16X. Maybe Marchionne should get himself some bulletproof sweaters.

The report claims the vehicle will be paired with the follow-up to the GTC4Lusso, which is due out in 2020. The Lusso already is all-wheel drive, and the F16X would take things a step further with a higher ride height and a four-door “coupe” body—one with rear-hinged back doors and no B-pillar. While the GTC4 would continue to offer a V-12, the SUV variant is said to use V-8 or hybrid powertrains.

What about Marchionne’s protestations? Well, it could be that guns were drawn in a recent board meeting, but it’s probably the math that proved more compelling. The Prancing Horse four-by-four could take the brand’s production from the current 8000 to 16,000 and, priced from around $300,000, would seriously swell the bottom line. Ferrari now trades as an independent company, and while the fact that its stock price has more than doubled in the past year and a half would seem to mitigate outside pressure to pump up profits, when has Wall Street ever been satisfied with “enough” growth when it could have more?

That leaves the sticky issue of how to explain the about-face. The best answer is not to do so. With the term “SUV”—and even “crossover”—so ill-defined, Ferrari can simply call the new model something else. Marchionne may want to follow the advice of another highly quotable auto-industry titan, Henry Ford II, who famously said, “Never complain, never explain.”

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
985f48e72f59f7b03ae6ce5b72adaf2c.jpg

thought this was already done with ferrari but apparently ferrari isnt owned by fiat anymore but maserati still is.

:dunno:

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Too pompous and arrogant as she explained it and this is from a woman that drives a Range Rover and her husband has a new Lamborghini Huracán. She said the Bentley screams "more money than brains but look at me anyway". Her husband has more money than Gods accountant but they came up from middle class and the Lamborghini is one of those "I've always wanted one" kind of deals, her Range Rover is for hauling the kids and used for business.

Dirty Vegas

Regular
Feb 10, 2011
Chicago
Too pompous and arrogant as she explained it and this is from a woman that drives a Range Rover and her husband has a new Lamborghini Huracán. She said the Bentley screams "more money than brains but look at me anyway". Her husband has more money than Gods accountant but they came up from middle class and the Lamborghini is one of those "I've always wanted one" kind of deals, her Range Rover is for hauling the kids and used for business.

That's so.... Midwestern! I thought there was an issue with how it drove or something. I gotta say, the Bentayga was the nicest riding vehicle I've ever been in, period. I would very much like to buy one, but someone else says we need a new house.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
That's so.... Midwestern! I thought there was an issue with how it drove or something. I gotta say, the Bentayga was the nicest riding vehicle I've ever been in, period. I would very much like to buy one, but someone else says we need a new house.

She's a very down to earth midwestern woman. I asked her for clarification because what she said only really makes sense if you know her. She said it's the difference between flying first class for a yearly vacation which anyone can do or having your own private jet for the same yearly vacation. One shows you can the other one asks why would you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info