Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
According to the House that Shel Built, the Super Snake Wide Body Concept was put together “to explore the performance envelope of the 2015+ Ford Mustang chassis.” In short, it’s not just a straight-line machine. The Wide Body features track increases of about 4 inches in the rear and 2.5 in the front, with body panels stretched accordingly. Under the flares and behind the widened wheels, the Lightning Blue Mustang features an adjustable coil-over suspension, larger brakes, hardened wheel studs, and beefed up spindles and hubs. Shelby quotes the Super Snake’s power output at 750 horsepower.

The aesthetics seem to pull more from the Japanese tuner scene than they do IMSA; the stretched rear quarters especially look like they could’ve been cribbed from a fresh ’73 Celica or an exaggerated Hakosuka Skyline. Which might be why Shelby is pushing it as a concept to gauge reaction. If response is positive, the track-oriented Super Snake would be available to the paying public later this year.

956PhtL.jpg

ZBYn7ia.jpg

LOJh1gU.jpg

Shelby Super Snake Wide Body Concept Envisions a Hot-Rod 'Stang That Can Handle

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
The worst thing about this is that it has to go through Shelby vs coming out of Ford. I would be all over this if it came out of Ford as I am sure it would be affordable. Coming out of Shelby, you would probably need a second mortgage.

I truly wish Ford would do something like this.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
Thats what that car needs is an even taller hood. I think the top of the scoops is actually higher than the spoiler in the back. Why are they using the old design? The 2018 does a better job at getting that huge nose down. It'd give it more room for the shelby scoops that it NEEDs to have. Grampa wont buy a shelby without 100 more air scoops on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info