Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > The Garage > Auto News Today

User Tag List

Like Tree150Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #351
I Drink Your Milkshake
 
sickmint79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: grayslake
Posts: 18,194
Casino cash: $110704416
4.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs FRC View Post
I'm interested in renting a V6 Mustang to slap all those BRZ/86 turds around a track.

Send invite next time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason05gt View Post
What's the incentive here for someone to rent a v6 Mustang to prove BRZ's are slow?
walking the walk instead of just talking the talk - and hey, it wasn't my proposal.

i'm waiting for ryan to bring out his perpetual excuse machine but he really has no incentive. he's got at least double my horsepower so if he's able to scoot around faster than me it's mostly expected. if he can't, he's run his mouth so much about how great his car is and how bad mine is that it's downright embarrassing.

so it looks like the year will end as it usually does, 0 v6 mustangs and 0 ryanstangs.

meanwhile this 55 year old lady with the coffee is out their running laps in the g8 or gto or whatever that thing is while ryan can't get off the couch. i mean she's more real deal than half my friends with sports cars who do fuck all with them, although none of them run their mouths like this.

Yaj Yak likes this.
__________________
http://www.pointmeby.com

2013 BRZ
Stoptech 328mm BBK.Project Mu999.RBF 600.RCE Tarmac 2 Coils.Whiteline KCA326/KCA434/KSR210/W0509/KDT922/W63414.Velox camber plates
JDL Overpipe + Catted Front Pipe.Tomei Type-60S.Radium catch cans.245 RS4s.Koyo Radiator.STi motor+trans mounts
FXT Oil Cooler.SPC LCA.Airaid intake.Zeek snorkel.DL Type II Diffuser.ecutek flex fuel tune.Swaintech coated JDL EL Header
sickmint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:23 AM   #352
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,912
Casino cash: $144734000
19.79 per day
Default

boom
__________________
01 525i
01 turbo pricks
13 gas 3500hd cclb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
TCG: We pull vanity fair models in our F150ís because Teslaís are unsafe.
Yaj Yak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:51 AM   #353
I haz dat teddy bear smile.
 
10sec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 23,024
Casino cash: $89238925
5.74 per day
Default

Yaj Yak likes this.
__________________
2005 S2000
10sec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:59 AM   #354
 
Ryan02Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mount Prospect
Posts: 9,946
Casino cash: $112357000
1.82 per day
Default

Feel free to quote where I bragged about how great my Mustang is! Thinking its better than a BRZ does not = being great, and if anything, shows that you have some skewed view of where BRZ's are on the totem pole.

Also, when I'm 55 I'll gladly spend plenty of time at the track. I'll probably be retired, and my kids will be 21, 23, 25, and 28 years old...I'll have weekend and weekdays free!

I don't expect your average BRZ owner to understand any of this. Most are the "single for life" type guys who don't have a concept of the busy lives your more average folks live.
__________________
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
2002 Mustang GT
Ryan02Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:02 AM   #355
I haz dat teddy bear smile.
 
10sec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 23,024
Casino cash: $89238925
5.74 per day
Default

IDK man, the average age kids move out of the house is like 27 now, it'nit?
10sec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:03 AM   #356
 
Ryan02Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mount Prospect
Posts: 9,946
Casino cash: $112357000
1.82 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sec View Post
IDK man, the average age kids move out of the house is like 27 now, it'nit?
I mean I'm only 34! Not like I'm some old dude.

But the stat wouldn't surprise me...considering "kids" today are offended by the word "freshman" at college.
Ryan02Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:10 AM   #357
 
jason05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Garfield Park
Posts: 12,743
Casino cash: $46526040
2.79 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmint79 View Post
walking the walk instead of just talking the talk - and hey, it wasn't my proposal.

i'm waiting for ryan to bring out his perpetual excuse machine but he really has no incentive. he's got at least double my horsepower so if he's able to scoot around faster than me it's mostly expected. if he can't, he's run his mouth so much about how great his car is and how bad mine is that it's downright embarrassing.

so it looks like the year will end as it usually does, 0 v6 mustangs and 0 ryanstangs.

meanwhile this 55 year old lady with the coffee is out their running laps in the g8 or gto or whatever that thing is while ryan can't get off the couch. i mean she's more real deal than half my friends with sports cars who do fuck all with them, although none of them run their mouths like this.

There’s always someone faster and there’s always someone slower. The biggest factor is the person behind the wheel. Even if Ryan’s car was more capable than yours, you have a lot more seat time.

Ryan’s excuse is a legitimate one coming from a guy that has two kids. I have an open invite to go to Autobahn and haven’t made it this year due to time and losing interest in my car.
jason05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:16 AM   #358
 
Kaeghl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 1,296
Casino cash: $16453600
0.33 per day
Default

you say you have too many kids to race, I say you have a free pit crew
Kaeghl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:19 AM   #359
 
Ryan02Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mount Prospect
Posts: 9,946
Casino cash: $112357000
1.82 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeghl View Post
you say you have too many kids to race, I say you have a free pit crew
110% true....in about 10 years.

A 7 year old, 4 year old, 2 year old, and 6 month old won't help too much at the track.

Good news is, the 2 year old (boy) can go through Motor Trend and identify about 75% of the cars on the pages. He will for sure be joining me at the track one day...
Ryan02Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:28 AM   #360
I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
 
blakbearddelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Elgin, IL
Posts: 24,492
Casino cash: $12620504
5.56 per day
Default

I did everything in life much later than the average persib. Took my time finishing school, moving out, getting married, having a kid, getting into management position. This probably surprises no one that knows me.
__________________
2015 Mustang GT - KB2.8 and other goodies
2015 Infiniti Q50
blakbearddelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:31 AM   #361
Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
 
RICH17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The 007
Posts: 25,519
Casino cash: $110303144
6.54 per day
Default

What kind of car guy doesn't know the difference between a GTO and G8?
RICH17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:34 AM   #362
 
Ryan02Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mount Prospect
Posts: 9,946
Casino cash: $112357000
1.82 per day
Default

Ryan02Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:34 AM   #363
I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
 
blakbearddelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Elgin, IL
Posts: 24,492
Casino cash: $12620504
5.56 per day
Default

Yikes
blakbearddelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #364
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,912
Casino cash: $144734000
19.79 per day
Default

damnit.
Yaj Yak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:55 AM   #365
I Drink Your Milkshake
 
sickmint79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: grayslake
Posts: 18,194
Casino cash: $110704416
4.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan02Stang View Post
Feel free to quote where I bragged about how great my Mustang is! Thinking its better than a BRZ does not = being great, and if anything, shows that you have some skewed view of where BRZ's are on the totem pole.
i have a completely realistic view of where it sits. you're the one with the unrealistic view that shits all over it and finds it intolerable while you tool around in a couch on wheels.

Quote:
Also, when I'm 55 I'll gladly spend plenty of time at the track. I'll probably be retired, and my kids will be 21, 23, 25, and 28 years old...I'll have weekend and weekdays free!

I don't expect your average BRZ owner to understand any of this. Most are the "single for life" type guys who don't have a concept of the busy lives your more average folks live.
there's *every* demographic of people who show up at the race track outside of people finding ways to not go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason05gt View Post
Thereís always someone faster and thereís always someone slower. The biggest factor is the person behind the wheel. Even if Ryanís car was more capable than yours, you have a lot more seat time.
true but i ain't randy pobst either. on my best track my best lap is 1 second faster than a guy i know who has only been driving 2 years and has a stock brz outside of tires and pads. you'd think the extra 200+ hp in ryan's couch has on me would make up for some of that lack of seat time huh? besides, he has practiced turns on the way to work.

Quote:
Ryanís excuse is a legitimate one coming from a guy that has two kids. I have an open invite to go to Autobahn and havenít made it this year due to time and losing interest in my car.
i'm sure you've done all sorts of stuff all summer and you could have gone to the track and you simply chose not to. it's kids this time? not mondays off? not the stars being out of alignment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH17 View Post
What kind of car guy doesn't know the difference between and GTO and G8?
honestly to me it's just "2 ton v8 pontiac" and i rarely seem to see either so it's just a don't care in my head and had to google to see some pics for the difference.
sickmint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:08 AM   #366
 
Ryan02Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mount Prospect
Posts: 9,946
Casino cash: $112357000
1.82 per day
Default

I could easily go to the track if i decided to skip my kid's softball game, skip my kid's dance competition, skip joining my family at the lake on the weekend, skip bringing my kid to swim lessons, etc.

I don't expect an average BRZ driver to even remotely understand these circumstances...really, I don't. But this is the real life many of us in our 30's are living. Our families take priority over everything. I'm lucky to make it to the drag strip once a summer, and I get away with it because I go at 7pm on a week night that doesn't fall on one of my kid's events.
Ryan02Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:12 AM   #367
 
jason05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Garfield Park
Posts: 12,743
Casino cash: $46526040
2.79 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmint79 View Post
i'm sure you've done all sorts of stuff all summer and you could have gone to the track and you simply chose not to. it's kids this time? not mondays off? not the stars being out of alignment?
See this is where single guys just don't understand. I get this argument from a friend of mine with no kids and no significant other.

I prioritize my family and do stuff with them. Everyone has different priorities and how they choose to spend their free time (which I had a lot more of being single or without kids). For me, what's kept me unmotivated to ask my friend to go to Autobahn is that I need to upgrade the front brakes to Brembo's and do a few other minor things. I frankly have no motivation to work on my car and have just driven it to work or taken my son to shows this summer.

It's kind of funny how a trolling thread about V6 Mustangs vs. BRZ's get's into family priorities lol.
jason05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #368
I Drink Your Milkshake
 
sickmint79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: grayslake
Posts: 18,194
Casino cash: $110704416
4.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan02Stang View Post
I could easily go to the track if i decided to skip my kid's softball game, skip my kid's dance competition, skip joining my family at the lake on the weekend, skip bringing my kid to swim lessons, etc.
and you can't go a monday because you're only 34 and work in finance so of course you don't have a day off, mondays are only for 1% retirees and vaping college kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason05gt View Post
See this is where single guys just don't understand. I get this argument from a friend of mine with no kids and no significant other.
c'mon man i'm not 20. you think i don't know people who are married or have kids? do they have time to go to 10 track days a year? fuuuuck no. do they have time to go to more than 0? yeah, they do.

Quote:
I prioritize my family and do stuff with them. Everyone has different priorities and how they choose to spend their free time (which I had a lot more of being single or without kids). For me, what's kept me unmotivated to ask my friend to go to Autobahn is that I need to upgrade the front brakes to Brembo's and do a few other minor things. I frankly have no motivation to work on my car and have just driven it to work or taken my son to shows this summer.

It's kind of funny how a trolling thread about V6 Mustangs vs. BRZ's get's into family priorities lol.
your brembos sounds like more of a want than need but i get your point. but mine is you still could have found the time if you wanted to, you just haven't chosen to, which is fine.
sickmint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #369
 
Ryan02Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mount Prospect
Posts: 9,946
Casino cash: $112357000
1.82 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmint79 View Post
and you can't go a monday because you're only 34 and work in finance so of course you don't have a day off, mondays are only for 1% retirees and vaping college kids.
Again...I can take a Monday off, but I choose wisely what I do with my days off. In the rare occasion that I take a day off....it is spent with my kids and on a boat. I don't expect you to comprehend these kind of priorities, but dude they're real for people.

Now on the bright side of this, my kids will be grown and my wife and I will be free at a relatively young age.
Ryan02Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:05 PM   #370
I Drink Your Milkshake
 
sickmint79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: grayslake
Posts: 18,194
Casino cash: $110704416
4.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan02Stang View Post
Again...I can take a Monday off, but I choose wisely what I do with my days off. In the rare occasion that I take a day off....it is spent with my kids and on a boat. I don't expect you to comprehend these kind of priorities, but dude they're real for people.
and i wouldn't give jason shit for that excuse, but he's not sitting here shitposting out the ass like you either.

i'm just looking for you to back up your talky talky.

since you will go out for 60 seconds of drag race seat time at a single 7pm event all year, i guess i shouldn't expect you to comprehend these kinds of cars, but dude they're real for drivers.
sickmint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #371
 
Ryan02Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mount Prospect
Posts: 9,946
Casino cash: $112357000
1.82 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmint79 View Post
and i wouldn't give jason shit for that excuse, but he's not sitting here shitposting out the ass like you either.

i'm just looking for you to back up your talky talky.

since you will go out for 60 seconds of drag race seat time at a single 7pm event all year, i guess i shouldn't expect you to comprehend these kinds of cars, but dude they're real for drivers.
Listen man...if reading the first page of this thread bothers you, or if it bothers you that a v6 Mustang with an equal driver is probably faster than a BRZ, then I don't know what to yell you. You can call it shitposting or whatever you want, but when people laugh at a performance car in 2017 that has 205 horsepower, it shouldn't be unexpected.

Is what it is man.
Ryan02Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:26 PM   #372
I Drink Your Milkshake
 
sickmint79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: grayslake
Posts: 18,194
Casino cash: $110704416
4.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan02Stang View Post
Listen man...if reading the first page of this thread bothers you, or if it bothers you that a v6 Mustang with an equal driver is probably faster than a BRZ, then I don't know what to yell you. You can call it shitposting or whatever you want, but when people laugh at a performance car in 2017 that has 205 horsepower, it shouldn't be unexpected.

Is what it is man.
and what it is, is you don't understand why 0 v6 mustangs show up at a track day and 5 86s do, because your primary form of auto enthusiasm is vbulletin posting.

laugh all you want about 200 hp - i guarantee it's more than you know how to use doing anything but going straight. your performance driving is slightly above my mom's. (but below the g8 mom with her coffee.)

you're like someone who would argue over seconds difference of nurburgring lap times, who couldn't make it around the ring in under 10 minutes in a viper acr. but please - shower me with your valuable performance car knowledge and opinions.
Yaj Yak and GLADIATOR like this.
sickmint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:30 PM   #373
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,912
Casino cash: $144734000
19.79 per day
Default

Yaj Yak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:34 PM   #374
 
jason05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Garfield Park
Posts: 12,743
Casino cash: $46526040
2.79 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmint79 View Post

your brembos sounds like more of a want than need but i get your point. but mine is you still could have found the time if you wanted to, you just haven't chosen to, which is fine.
A want from a safety standpoint. The OEM 2 pot brakes on the S197's aren't very track friendly. The factory 14" Brembo's were added to the GT in 2011 and those are what I've been looking on and off for.
sickmint79 likes this.
jason05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:40 PM   #375
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7,491
Casino cash: $37505500
10.58 per day
Default

If my Flex lost about 1000 pounds, there were legitimate suspension components that I could put in besides lowering springs (needs beefier roll bars), and I could retrofit even bigger brakes, I could maybe start touching 86's on short tracks. I probably have the legs on longer faster tracks though.
Kensington is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts