First ND miata on the dyno

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
TurboSource Sets ND Miata Horsepower Record with PSB-1
TurboSourceMiata-006.jpg

TurboSource’s Miata now makes 235 rear-wheel horsepower and sends 238 pound-feet of torque to the ground on pump gas with the addition of their in-house designed BorgWarner EFR 6758 Vband IWG turbocharger kit (running at 10 psi in this configuration), along with a three-inch stainless steel catback exhaust of their own design and ECUTEK racerom software tuned by Matt at OrangeVirus Tuning.

Using E85 Flex Fuel and 13 psi of boost, the MX-5’s turbocharged 2.0-liter mill makes over 259 horsepower and 291 pound-feet of torque at the wheels, gains of 115 hp and 9155 lb-ft. You’d better believe that’s a noticeable improvement..
That’s a substantial bump from the stock output of 144 hp and 136 lb-ft on the dyno, and as much as 259 horsepower and 291 pound-feet at the wheels can be had using E85 Flex Fuel and 13 psi of boost. And that’s with the use of the stock drivetrain and fuel system.

TLDR
2300-2400 lbs.
155hp 150tq stock
235 hp 238 torque on pump gas
259 hp 291 torque on e85

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
The NC has grown on me as they're far more reasonable for daily driving compared to NA/NBs.

132445742da50fa07d7ac3ee068cce9e.jpg
I like the NCs too. That one looks good!

What's it called, RF or something? Saw one the other day, it looked pretty damn good to me.

Yeah thats it I couldn't remember the name of it.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Sweet, brings it up to stock s2000 power levels

Yeah, but it only weighs 2300lbs. For this era of GIANT cars, that's a feat in itself. With all of the safety equipment they're mandating, a 2300lb car is impressive AF. Granted, it's a Miata, and I hate how under-powered they've been the entire time, but color me impressed. With that much power with the turbo, that car would be loads of fun.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Yeah, but it only weighs 2300lbs. For this era of GIANT cars, that's a feat in itself. With all of the safety equipment they're mandating, a 2300lb car is impressive AF. Granted, it's a Miata, and I hate how under-powered they've been the entire time, but color me impressed. With that much power with the turbo, that car would be loads of fun.

i'm amazed they were able to make a modern car so light.

and light cars are the bomb. after a track session i just park and go bullshit. i see dudes in mustangs or whatevers dicking with brakes half they day, it's great to not have to pay to be a mechanic in a rush between sessions !

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
i'm amazed they were able to make a modern car so light.

and light cars are the bomb. after a track session i just park and go bullshit. i see dudes in mustangs or whatevers dicking with brakes half they day, it's great to not have to pay to be a mechanic in a rush between sessions !

Is your BRZ black? I ran across one in my car last summer on 21 and Grand, and seeing how you're in Grayslake, thought it might have been you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info