Dodge going cray-cray on lease deals for hellcat.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I mean you're looking at almost $30k for 3 years and then you'd have to give the car back.

I'd rather spend $45k, risk not having a warranty and have to pay for my repairs, and then still have the car in 3 years.

Totally agree. This is just a lease deal for those that cant afford a HC, and just want to get into one. The buy out at the end will be huge, and you'd have to finance it for another 84 at the end to match the payment you just paid for 36 if you want to keep it. It makes very little sense, but Im sure alot will bite on it.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I think nowadays in IL you only pay tax on the payment per payment. I think thats what the new lease/tax deal is in IL now. Then if you buy it out, you pay taxes on the buyout amount. I think. I know lease deals got way better like two years ago when they changed the lease/taxes regulations in IL.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
New Illinois sales tax law lowers the cost of leasing a car - Chicago Tribune

As of January 2015.

Starting Jan. 1, the Illinois law will change so that sales tax applies to the down payment and monthly lease payments. If the down payment is $2,000, the tax on that would be $165. If the monthly payment is $300, the sales tax would be $24.75 each month. The total tax for a 36-month lease would be $1,056, or $1,419 less than under the current formula.

No tax credits for trades towards new leases though. And you will have to pay full taxes on the buy out too. So better, but not great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info