Jeep Boss: Wagoneer And Grand Wagoneer Will Be Priced Between $60k And $100K

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
We have been hearing for awhile that Jeep wants to take on Land Rover’s Range Rover line in the upper luxury segment and the brand recently confirmed the upcoming Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer models. It seems that Jeeps new luxury SUVs will be priced like Rovers as well.

At the Detroit Auto Show, Jeep global chief Mike Manley spoke with Autoblog and laid out some future plans for the Jeep brand. He said that a Wrangler with some type of hybrid setup is under consideration and that Jeep will “look to the past” when it comes to naming the upcoming Jeep pickup. Of course, neither of those statements confirms a hybrid Wrangler or a “Comanche” in the near future.

From Autoblog:
Meanwhile, Jeep also confirmed that the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer models will return to its lineup in 2020, slotting above the Grand Cherokee and giving Jeep an entry in the upper luxury SUV segment. Manley said the Wagoneers will compete in the $60,000-to-$100,000 price range.

They will be based on a body-on-frame platform sourced from the Ram and built in Warren, MI. “Ever since I’ve been associated with Jeep, in my mind, they needed to come back to the portfolio,” Manley said.

It’s likely that the Wagoneer model will target the Range Rover Sport that has a starting MSRP of $65,650, and the flagship Grand Wagoneer will try to steal buyers from the larger Range Rover that starts at $85,650. Manley also revealed that the next generation Grand Cherokee is due to launch in 2019.

The Grand Cherokee is already popular with folks looking for a luxury crossover and does manage to steal buyers from traditional high-end brands. There’s a good chance the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer should prove to be very successful at snagging customers looking for something even more luxurious with a Jeep badge.

Chrysler really needs to step up it's interior game to play in that market...curious on drivetrain given it's based on the Ram...EcoDiesel probably out now :hsughlol:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I don't see the sales going well. I would be absolutely amazed if jeep came anywhere close to the interior quality they need.

This. I've been in the high end Rams and Jeeps. They are nice, but I'm not sure they are up to the luxury brands of Europe yet, which is why I am not sure about this...The big 3 haven't really cracked that interior issue yet. They've made big strides, but not to Euro standards yet IMO

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
I think it's a great move. Look at it this way-, they're going to have a 100k Track hawk attracting a wealthier client; why not have an option for the family.

To be fair, I've seen plenty of grand cherokees in wealthy neighborhoods and they don't look out of place, like 'the help' are driving them. I don't think they are viewed as vastly inferior to the luxe brands. Jeep name goes a long way.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I think it's a great move. Look at it this way-, they're going to have a 100k Track hawk attracting a wealthier client; why not have an option for the family.

To be fair, I've seen plenty of grand cherokees in wealthy neighborhoods and they don't look out of place, like 'the help' are driving them. I don't think they are viewed as vastly inferior to the luxe brands. Jeep name goes a long way.

This. The Co-founder, VP and QC manager at my work all have nicely optioned WK2 GC's. I'd say they're on par with an X5 as far as status goes...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
85k for a chrysler suv

giphy.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info