Ford Bronco is back: It's official

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../09/f-150-bronco-ranger-city-of-tomorrow.html

And the Ranger too:

Ranger and Bronco Return
Ford is bringing back the Ranger midsize pickup truck to its North American vehicle lineup in 2019 and Bronco midsize SUV to its global vehicle portfolio in 2020. Both vehicles will be manufactured at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan.

“We’ve heard our customers loud and clear. They want a new generation of vehicles that are incredibly capable yet fun to drive,” said Joe Hinrichs, Ford’s president of The Americas. “Ranger is for truck buyers who want an affordable, functional, rugged and maneuverable pickup that’s Built Ford Tough. Bronco will be a no-compromise midsize 4x4 utility for thrill seekers who want to venture way beyond the city.”

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
When I see the term no compromise, I feel like that means a high price tag. Although, I am very excited to hear this!

it 100% needs to be as capable as a wrangler rubicon with phrases like "no compromise" being tossed out there.

Wranglers DO have a high price tag, you can get one to clip $40,000. They have no real competition, so its not like they have a reason to lower their price.

This is a situation where I can see competition really benefiting consumers in every way. Jeep is forced to either adjust pricing to remain competitive for their next generation wrangler; or the gauntlet gets thrown down between the two.

Side-Note; I hope they bring back the Centurion name, I think that would be kind of cool as the 4 door Bronco to compete with the Wrangler Unlimited.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Wranglers DO have a high price tag, you can get one to clip $40,000. They have no real competition, so its not like they have a reason to lower their price.

This is a situation where I can see competition really benefiting consumers in every way. Jeep is forced to either adjust pricing to remain competitive for their next generation wrangler; or the gauntlet gets thrown down between the two.

Side-Note; I hope they bring back the Centurion name, I think that would be kind of cool as the 4 door Bronco to compete with the Wrangler Unlimited.

bronco will be 40k in any trim worth getting i bet...

and wouldn't it be someone else bringing back the centurion name? it's not like centurion was a division of ford.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
002.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
For all of the soccer moms and dads that maybe take it on a gravel road:bigthumb:

I'd venture that this will be unibody and IRS based on an existing Ford platform.

i agree, i've said that on here before, i would LOVE to be proven wrong though.

if anything it will have a solid axle out back i'd think, and independent up front.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info