Acura Debuts "Race Inspired" TLX GT Package...

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
...without Any Real Performance Upgrades

Acura's "Race Inspired" TLX GT Package Gets No Real Upgrades

The offering gives buyers a rear decklid spoiler, a front spoiler, new side skirts, and a rear underbody spoiler; 19-inch “diamond cut” wheels with unspecified tires also are available for an extra outlay. But, as mentioned, Acura didn’t do anything to the standard 206-hp 2.4-liter inline-four or available 290-hp 3.5-liter V-6 engine. Or the suspension. Or the chassis.

The package is available for 2016 and 2017 TLXs and is priced at $1717 without the wheel-and-tire kit or $4810 with it. Fittingly, the just-for-show add-ons will make their debut early next month at the SEMA show in Las Vegas.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Acura is the Lincoln of Japanese luxury cars. Theres no way they'd build a high volume rwd platform unless they build a honda that uses it first. And the chances of that happening are next to 0.

Lincoln now has a 400hp torque vectoring AWD vehicle. I haven't seen any performance stats, but it should show tail lights to every Acura, minus the NSX.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Lincoln now has a 400hp torque vectoring AWD vehicle. I haven't seen any performance stats, but it should show tail lights to every Acura, minus the NSX.

Don't get too excited just yet. Everyone was whistling dixie when the SHO came out and then they realized it was a tranverse mounted, heavily front wheel drive biased all wheel drive system with tiny rear half shafts.

I know the Lincoln is supposed to be getting the Focus RS's AWD system and maybe that's an improvement but to me it's not a true all wheel drive/ rear wheel drive car unless it's a north/ south mounted engine with most of the power going to the rear wheels most of the time.

Ford likes to brag about how much they've eliminated torque steer and yeah, maybe it's not as bad as it was when I'd go full throttle in the Grand Prix and I'd have to fight the car from hitting the divider wall on the highway but I've driven the car's they said were much improved and they still had noticeable torque steer.

But I'm a huge fan of the MKZ. I hope it's awesome.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Acura is the Lincoln of Japanese luxury cars. Theres no way they'd build a high volume rwd platform unless they build a honda that uses it first. And the chances of that happening are next to 0.
Both Lincoln sedans offer 400 HP with torque vectoring AWD and the Continental isn't based on any rebranded Ford. I'm not up to speed on the current Cadillacs, but do they offer more than that without going to a V model (which is not high volume)? I know Acura offers nothing even close....

Hell, a newer SS Camaro barely edged my Lincoln out at the strip.

https://youtu.be/6Cg3lwytCo8

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Oh also, award for laziest SEMA entry for sure goes to Chevy with the blue line concepts. The differences between these and actual production models: the color blue.

Chevy-Cruze-Blue-Line-concept-rear-760x506.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info