Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Power Packs Available From Ford Performance Parts for 2015-17 Mustang GT Models

Ford Performance Parts has announced emissions-legal performance calibrations for 2015-2017 Mustang GT. For the first time, calibrations are being offered with various levels of hardware to give customers more options and price points.

Calibrations are North American Mustang spec ONLY at this time.

Here are the features and unique content in all three kits:

• Fits 2015-2017 Mustang GT
  • Features exclusive no-lift shift strategy and enhanced throttle response
  • Ford Performance calibrations feature exclusive Ford proprietary software and engineering
  • Ford Performance calibrations are 50 state legal with CARB EO
  • Calibrations available for manual and automatic transmission
  • Allows gear ratio changes up to 4.09:1
  • Automatic calibrations feature optimized performance shift schedule
  • Premium fuel, 91 octane or higher, is required

M-9603-M8 - Power Pack 1 (ETA: Aug 1, 2016)

Includes high flow K&N air filter
13 hp and 16 lbs/ft peak gains over stock
40lbs/ft gain at 1500rpm

M-9603-M8A - Power Pack 2 (ETA: Sept 2016)

• Includes GT350 cold air intake with 87mm throttle body and exclusive intake adapter (hardware available separately without calibration as part number M-9603-M50)
  • 21 hp and 24 lbs/ft peak gains over stock
  • 40 lbs/ft gain at 1,500 rpm
  • Industry exclusive open air filter with CARB EO

M-9452-M8 - Power Pack 3 (ETA: October 2016)

• Includes GT350 cold air intake with 87mm throttle body and GT350 intake manifold M-9424-M52
  • 37hp and 5lbs/ft peak gains over stock
  • 60hp gain at 7500rpm
  • Industry's only 50-state legal calibration with performance intake manifold

Calibration Notes:

• Ford Performance ProCal tool, included with all calibrations, requires laptop and internet access for calibration install
  • Powertrain calibrations are developed and supported for U.S. and Canadian vehicles
  • Federal and state laws prohibit any person from installing aftermarket add-on or modified parts prior to the sale of a new motor vehicle

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Nice. Factory package with the GT350 intake manifold. Gotta be pricey. Interesting how much peak torque loss there is with the manifold compared with the other packages. Would like to see the torque curve.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
wayyyyy better aftermarket options out there.

unless someone is strictly after keeping a warranty i suppose.

google beefcake racing they have almost every power adder available and if you dig around on the forums you can catch discounts and free installs.

paxton 8 rib belt setup torque booster package on e85 people are in the 800hp range.

no cutting take it all off if you want no messing with a2w heat exchangers which im still not a fan of from dem 3800 days.

a2a + self contained blower + corn fed = no drama.

:fy:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
I thought the GT350 intake would be specifically tuned/designed for being flatplane?

no it looses a little bottom end peak to peak gains arent that big but up top in the rpm range they tend to make like 60 more hp.

lethal performance, beef cake racing and a few others have offered gt350 manifold packages for a while now.

from what ive seen anyways the holley intake is similar it gives up a bit down low but makes big gains like 6k on up to redline.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
this is what im talking about but i want to see one with the gt350 intake instead of the boss intake. its all about stages for my plan anyways.

some na bolt ons then blower and corn with out having to "demod" or take the car apart 9538486 times. kinda like building blocks if you will. forward progress instead of the mod demod cycle :rofl:

4c684e5722c61b908eee549bc96fa3c2.jpg

5bb5dd48c3f3e59860325a0dce55a889.jpg

thats 800 plus hp goodness that can be done little by little as the budget allows without having to go backwards and remove shit.

major major :nutz: from that setup imo. :wackit:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60020

credit for that build because i didnt pull it out of my ass before someone tries to hate.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Did it actually say anywhere that the car will retain the factory warranty or some coverage from Ford Racing?

i could be losing my mind but anything from the frpp catalog retains warranty i believe. after all its got fords name on it and can be ordered from most dealers.

"most" fuckers where i bought my car cant order frpp or roush parts. id have to go to fargo.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
i could be losing my mind but anything from the frpp catalog retains warranty i believe. after all its got fords name on it and can be ordered from most dealers.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I think there are very specific guidelines as to what parts will not void the warranty and who can install them. Even though they are FRPP parts, they don't mean they won't void your factory warranty.

I think previous track packs have been covered by the factory warranty, so I hope this is the same.
[MENTION=4923]The Beast[/MENTION]

What say you?

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
stock heads seem to work fine for most people, get basic stuff like exhaust and a cold air intake, when you switch to a blower the intake manifold isnt going to make or brake the combo it will still make tons of power on the stock one

350 heads flow way better . It's been proven . And are available with cam sets that work . And also can work with the 5.0 firing order .

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
350 heads flow way better . It's been proven . And are available with cam sets that work . And also can work with the 5.0 firing order .

This is true I'm sure they are a couple grand maybe more and a lot of work though, lots of other options to make a coyote fast, for an all out build it would be a good option for someone that just wants to run 11's na it's not needed, or someone that wants to run 9's or faster with boost

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info