FCA Fraud investigation.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Fiat Chrysler Under Investigation For Fraud: Reports

If this all seems a bit much over some measly sales figures, it’s actually bigger than you think. FCA is a publicly traded company, and investors make decisions to pour millions into it – or pull their dollars out – based on the company’s reported performance. If it turns out the company actually was goosing its numbers, it could mean that people were essentially tricked into putting their money into a company based on fake numbers.

Hmmm anything to do with why hellpigs were priced so far over msrp at first?

demand shortage drives prices up obviously i get that but a demand shortage would be even more exaggerated if a number of vehicles never existed in the first place to inflate sales numbers. :dunno:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
If its true even in the slightest sense of the word here i vote staple them to the cross.

i mean WE as in the american tax payers bailed them out what less than a decade ago and now they are scamming the investors and stock share holders?

Smells like VW type dieselgate again......

I can't wait to get my check :run:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
They have to get buried if they actually scammed investors. Even worse than a manufacturing loss, is loss of trust in American financial markets.

I don't disagree with you on the latter point, but its still going to cost jobs. Doubt there's much meat left on that bone to take over this, so it'll mean the end of them if the DOJ goes after them hard.

I wrote off Chrysler (along with GM) when they took the bailout money back in 2008. Screw them!

This is dumb! The only reason Ford didnt need as much money to get them through was because they were in worse shape earlier on, and mortgaged the blue oval to the hilt to get loans right before the crash. There was no forward thinking. Mullaly needed the money, quick.

:angrys00ls: well wait just a minute hasnt the nutjob in charge of FCA been begging GM to take over or merge with FCA?

well now it seems an little more likely just not how he imagined.

hostile take over anyone?

I have said before fca is like a 35+ year old single woman trying for any man, it doesnt matter to them.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
This is dumb! The only reason Ford didnt need as much money to get them through was because they were in worse shape earlier on, and mortgaged the blue oval to the hilt to get loans right before the crash. There was no forward thinking. Mullaly needed the money, quick.

Ford wasn't in worse shape in my opinion. Ford's management had brands that were worth selling and the foresight to put together a solid turnaround plan. Banks aren't going to loan you money just because of the Ford name.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/09/business/09ford.html?_r=0

Fiat Chrysler is still in trouble even after the Government bailout. Marchionne's plan for the US hasn't done much good for the financial health of the company.

Ford wasn't in worse shape in my opinion. Ford's management had brands that were worth selling and the foresight to put together a solid turnaround plan. Banks aren't going to loan you money just because of the Ford name.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/09/business/09ford.html?_r=0

Fiat Chrysler is still in trouble even after the Government bailout. Marchionne's plan for the US hasn't done much good for the financial health of the company.

It was all part of the "way forward" plan when they took the loans. They werent doing very well. We went from 4K people to 1K at our plant alone. They were dark timnes.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
So be it...but that's the American way, and its the same way that you or I would have to get money if we F'ed up big time. We'd have to offer some collateral to get a loan from a bank.

GM and Chrysler just robbed the tax payers. If they didn't have collateral to get a bank loan, they should have folded....

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
I don't disagree with you on the latter point, but its still going to cost jobs. Doubt there's much meat left on that bone to take over this, so it'll mean the end of them if the DOJ goes after them hard.

We will have another large recession. We make tons of Chrysler trans parts. Like so many we were behind and it almost cost BW 2 mil in shutting them down.

Yeah, what's with that anyway? Ford has some good shit out!

Only vehicle ford has that I would be interested in is gt350, and ford doesn't give employee pricing on that model..let alone letting me test drive one lol.....so... I'm ordering an srt challenger when order banks open for the 2017. Time for a new daily driver.

Ford doesn't care,i know that.

When comparison shopping,I feel there are better choices from other manufacturers in every segment.

I do like the sho, however.......overpriced.

Oh and that gt :), but.......

So be it...but that's the American way, and its the same way that you or I would have to get money if we F'ed up big time. We'd have to offer some collateral to get a loan from a bank.

GM and Chrysler just robbed the tax payers. If they didn't have collateral to get a bank loan, they should have folded....

Yeah, you're right. Might as well get rid of what's left of the manufacturing base in this country.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Yeah, you're right. Might as well get rid of what's left of the manufacturing base in this country.

How would the manufacturing base have left? Overall demand for cars would not have changed. Ford, Honda, Toyota, etc. would have had to increase supply to meet demand. I doubt any of the remaining large automakers would have been able to meet that demand without growing their manufacturing operations. I'm sure a large majority of newly unemployed auto workers would be absorbed by these manufacturers, and the free market would continue on...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
How would the manufacturing base have left? Overall demand for cars would not have changed. Ford, Honda, Toyota, etc. would have had to increase supply to meet demand. I doubt any of the remaining large automakers would have been able to meet that demand without growing their manufacturing operations. I'm sure a large majority of newly unemployed auto workers would be absorbed by these manufacturers, and the free market would continue on...

Gm and chy had the same collateral. The banks wouldn't loan. Ford got lucky.

Government should have tried it your way I guess. Maybe things would be better now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info