1st turbo GT350!

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I kind of feel like some cars deserve to remain NA.

if it doesnt make eleventy billion hp its junk........ wouldnt want anything american to suffer from brz/frs syndrome :rofl: :s00ls:

but :dunno: i sort of agree with you but at least this adds some pssht noises on top of dat flat plane scream instead of drowning it out with a blower.

so torn on this myself but i cant say with a straight face i wouldnt do such a thing if i could!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Hopefully this won't be a trend with these cars. I couldn't agree with Mook more, this is just one of those cars that should be left N/A. Can't say I wouldn't be curious to see what kind of power it makes, but it's like buying an ITR just to turbo it and drag race it. Why not just buy the cheaper dime a dozen GSR or in this case, a Mustang GT. There are VERY few people on here that can appreciate a car for what it's made for. Everyone just wants to drag race and dyno their cars.

And doing this to a Z28 wouldn't bother me, IDK why. I haven't seen much more than heads/cam Z28's, which is DOPE AF. N/A is the best.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I mean, it makes sense. People need apples to compare their apples to. More than having them make more power, they wan to see 1/4 mile times to compare to other cars. 350R wasn't focused on drag racing at all, but I would bet 99% of the people curious about them, want to know what they run at the drag strip, rather than what they run a Leguna Seca. I'm not hatin' though, I am part of the few that want to see a 350R rip the shit out of the twisties. I'm the 1%.

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
ill reserve that opinion until i see some hp/tq numbers lol!

Hellion 2015 5.0 of the same kit made 949rwhp... on 16psi. I'm sure it will make more power. I mean. I guess it would be cool to see how much more power them better heads, that flat plane crank and a few more cubes can do...:jg:

https://youtu.be/pku3dLg-zZ4

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The thing is ITBs on a car is like straight up race-car status. I'll bet nobody does that, the cost of something like that is insane and unless you're building an insane N/A only motor, it really isn't going to reward you. If you're going that far you're doing it for competition, and I don't feel like there's going to be that many people in that position.

HOWEVER, your interest in NA all the way is legit. I remember the crazy ass N/A vette at the original 1/2 mile race. 100% the best sounding car there.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
There can be such a thing as too much power in a Track Day car.

And the voodoo is a special engine, I agree that thing should stay NA for the glorious revs.

The Z28 being the "special" car that it is should have a flat plane engine too. Leave the boosted LT4 for the ZL1.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info