Tesla Model S Reportedly to Get a Couple "X" Mods

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Namely, the Bioweapon Defense Mode and a 100kWH battery.

The Tesla Model S will reportedly gain the "Bioweapon Defense Mode" air filtration system from the Model X and a 100kWh battery option. We've heard from a source that the new options may be introduced as soon as this week, alongside the debut of the Model X custom order configurator on the Tesla website. The current largest battery available in the Model S is a 90kWh option.

Tesla Model S may get 'Bioweapon Defense Mode' and 100kWh battery option this week | The Verge

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Variations of a Model S refresh rumor have been going around for weeks and most of the news stories are just recirculating stuff from the forums.

That said, there are a couple people today that reported their Tesla sales representative told them to wait until tomorrow to make decisions on their orders. So take that for what it is.

Hopefully they give the S the X's nose and LED headlights and hopefully they go BMW on us and just make the swap a bumper cover and head/ tail lights so cheapos like me can retrofit their cars.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Well then. I'm onboard. LED headlights, fixed the daytime running lights so that they are a luminescent single strip instead of a bunch of LEDs, new bumper, etc. The best part is that they pulled a BMW and didn't change any sheet metal which means this is all completely retrofittable.

Am I blinded by my Tesla lust or do you guys also think it's an improvement?

xCyR0pj.png

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Well then. I'm onboard. LED headlights, fixed the daytime running lights so that they are a luminescent single strip instead of a bunch of LEDs, new bumper, etc. The best part is that they pulled a BMW and didn't change any sheet metal which means this is all completely retrofittable.

Am I blinded by my Tesla lust or do you guys also think it's an improvement?

xCyR0pj.png

I know they are horrid looking but have you looked into their aero wheels? Supposedly they raise the range a good amount and lower your watts per mile or whatever

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I know they are horrid looking but have you looked into their aero wheels? Supposedly they raise the range a good amount and lower your watts per mile or whatever

I couldn't possibly put those atrocities on my car. I don't even like the new ones i the picture above. The 21" turbines are the best but the tires are expensive, don't last long, they suffer from frequent blow-outs and rim damage and they have a negative affect on range.

looks better. I actually don't like the fake grille. I think this looks really clean and nice.

I don't either. I've always thought the front 3/4 view of the Model S was it's weakest. This is literally all the car needed for another 3 - 4 years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info