2018 Camaro Z28 - Begin speculation

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Holy fuck....the 2015 Z MSRPs for 72k????

:bowrofl:

ding ding ding and everyone thinks im fucking nuts for bitching that the 5th gen z28 was over rated and OVER PRICED!

ive said since day 1 when the 5th generation Z28 came out it was ass rape for the Z28 badge.

the 5th gen is a parts bin car engine and brakes came out of the vette parts bins. other than engine and brakes its nothing special to demand 72fucking thousand dollars!

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
:bowrofl:

ding ding ding and everyone thinks im fucking nuts for bitching that the 5th gen z28 was over rated and OVER PRICED!

ive said since day 1 when the 5th generation Z28 came out it was ass rape for the Z28 badge.

the 5th gen is a parts bin car engine and brakes came out of the vette parts bins. other than engine and brakes its nothing special to demand 72fucking thousand dollars!

Parts bin, lol. You obviously didn't follow the development of the car. There's a shit ton that was developed FOR the Z28 that ended up on other stuff later.

As for the 6th gen Z/28? It will have 1100hp, weigh 2000lbs, and lose roll races to a stock SS, but it can lose that roll race while driving on the ceiling of a tunnel wall because downforce.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
My guess will be some sort of NA motor but not the ls7, LT1, or LT4 (LT5 please?) . 7 speed manual or 10speed auto. Radio and A/C delete standard but available as options. Carbon ceramic brakes, new magna-ride suspension. Ridiculous aero with giant rear wing and front splitter (think 2000 cobra R levels of ridiculous). Possible rear seat delete

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Parts bin, lol. You obviously didn't follow the development of the car. There's a shit ton that was developed FOR the Z28 that ended up on other stuff later.

As for the 6th gen Z/28? It will have 1100hp, weigh 2000lbs, and lose roll races to a stock SS, but it can lose that roll race while driving on the ceiling of a tunnel wall because downforce.

Hmmmm really are you saying the ls7 or the carbon brakes were developed FOR the 5th gen Z28?

Ohhh thats right the LS7 was in the c6 years before the 5th gen Z28 and how about them carbon brakes robbed off the ZR1 C6 vette well before the 5th gen Z28 existed.......

Hmmm parts bin robbery indeed........

what are these extra special items developed solely for the 5th gen Z28 you speak of?

:rofl:

the 5th gen Z28 is nothing more than a 5th gen with an engine and a set of brakes robbed from the c6 vette parts bin deleted ac some super fat sticky tires and slap a z28 badge on it and demand an outrageous 70k plus price tag for. :picard:

only robbery that matters here is not the z28 robbing the vette parts bin but gm robbing the customer because it wears a z28 badge.........

so again what are these special parts ONLY developed for the 5th gen z28 you speak of?

face it the 5th gen z28 is disgustingly overpriced and over rated has been since day 1.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Hmmmm really are you saying the ls7 or the carbon brakes were developed FOR the 5th gen Z28?

Ohhh thats right the LS7 was in the c6 years before the 5th gen Z28 and how about them carbon brakes robbed off the ZR1 C6 vette well before the 5th gen Z28 existed.......

Hmmm parts bin robbery indeed........

what are these extra special items developed solely for the 5th gen Z28 you speak of?

the 5th gen Z28 is nothing more than a 5th gen with an engine and a set of brakes robbed from the c6 vette parts bin deleted ac some super fat sticky tires and slap a z28 badge on it and demand an outrageous 70k plus price tag for. :picard:

only robbery that matters here is not the z28 robbing the vette parts bin but gm robbing the customer because it wears a z28 badge.........

so again what are these special parts ONLY developed for the 5th gen z28 you speak of?

face it the 5th gen z28 is disgustingly overpriced and over rated has been since day 1.

Spoken like someone who has done ZERO research. You have zero interest in actually learning what went into the Z28. If it were a school paper you'd fail. I could cite each difference and you'd still argue and ignore everything I post. Put up, or shut up. You say its a parts bin car so prove it. There was a ton of development that went into suspension, aerodynamics, and brakes.

Do I think the Z28 was overpriced? A bit. But GM also had zero competition in the price range. You basically had to double up your money to match it with anything that carried a German badge. So GM priced it within a vacuum. I had trouble considering the Z28 wasn't much faster than a Z51 C7 Vette. So the price was hard to justify to me. But to those who wanted the hard core Z28 from the 60's in today skin? The Z28 was it.

2 years later the GT350 comes along and Ford does indeed undercut the Z28's price, what does GM do? they drop the price to compete. Do they care? Not really, the 6th gen camaro was on its way. They weren't even producing the 5th gen anymore.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Holy fuck....the 2015 Z MSRPs for 72k????

You can get one for about 55k now that it has domestic competition. Its a hell of a car for $55k. So is the GT350 for roughly the same. Its likely faster than a Track Pack GT350, but tested slower than the GT350R which is $63k. Its those darn Carbon Fiber wheels and suspension.

2015 Chevy Camaro Z/28 $25,000 Off MSRP | GM Authority

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Spoken like someone who has done ZERO research. You have zero interest in actually learning what went into the Z28. If it were a school paper you'd fail. I could cite each difference and you'd still argue and ignore everything I post. Put up, or shut up. You say its a parts bin car so prove it. There was a ton of development that went into suspension, aerodynamics, and brakes.

Do I think the Z28 was overpriced? A bit. But GM also had zero competition in the price range. You basically had to double up your money to match it with anything that carried a German badge. So GM priced it within a vacuum. I had trouble considering the Z28 wasn't much faster than a Z51 C7 Vette. So the price was hard to justify to me. But to those who wanted the hard core Z28 from the 60's in today skin? The Z28 was it.

2 years later the GT350 comes along and Ford does indeed undercut the Z28's price, what does GM do? they drop the price to compete. Do they care? Not really, the 6th gen camaro was on its way. They weren't even producing the 5th gen anymore.

where are these only developed for the 5th gen z28 parts you speak of ....... put up or shut up......:rofl: "specially tuned suspension and aero" hardley worthy of a 70k plus price tag......

German cars would piss all over the Z28 for the money. Z28 @ 70k plus puts it in hefty company from the likes of porsche just to name one........

again brakes and engine taken from the vette parts bin if this were a "school" paper the scam of a 5th gen Z28 would fail for being nothing more than a hallow fraud built on parts raped from the halo cars parts bin...... :rofl:

where are them uber special parts you speak of put up or shut up..... :rofl:

special brakes aero and suspension? great you can read the brochure :rofl:

maybe you caught a z28 advertisement video on youtube or tv? it screams gimick of an advertisement pushing a product for the sake that it wears a Z28 badge and its ohhhhh look at my pretty emblem status quo.

do you realize your quote makes you eat your own words that yes you admit its overpriced and that its not much faster than a z51 c7 vette? gee didnt a basemodel c7 cost less than 70k?

factory built "retromod" camaro with a warranty? i get that point but for what it is 70k plus is fucking absurd....

ohhh and btw the other post above NO SHIT they could be had for 55k but you miss one GIANT caveat!!!!

That was ONLY for the thanksgiving sale nov. 2015!!! HINT TEMPORARY LIMITED TIME SALE!!!!!

good job not paying attention to the article post date!!! gee didnt you argue with me about some random crap in a mustang thread and got burned on article post dates about that too? hmmmmm

:rofl: nice try guy that 50k 5th gen Z28 was TEMPORARY for a fucking holiday sale........

your honor and all of tcg i rest my case here......

[MENTION=2933]Thirdgen89GTA[/MENTION]

is off his rocker, forgot to take the meds today, and missplaced his reading glasses for looking at them article published dates.....

its not thanksgiving 2015 anymore toto click your heels son and come back to reality.......

:wavey:

:io:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Chevy Camaro Z/28 spied with ultra aggressive aero package

t86ORcg.jpg

P3YIbLI.jpg

23W29tl.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info