Adam Rich
2017 Honda Ridgeline is ready for tailgate duty [w/video]

looks terrible

a4zrrh3yoazvnacxqbpp.jpg

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Bed looks bigger and they've separated it from the cab. The front looks too round/too crv like but overall a decent looking yuppy mobile.

The bed is bigger, you can now buy plywood. The trunk is big enough for a full size cooler too. It has in bed speakers and a power outlet that is in a waterproof compartment. Specific tow payload numbers have not been announced. It retains the 3.5, no word on transmission. Still has dual folding/swinging tailgate. The back seat has the magic fit like seats that virtually disappear and you can store things underneat them when in use.

More here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXmZeeHKp74

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
The bed is bigger, you can now buy plywood. The trunk is big enough for a full size cooler too. It has in bed speakers and a power outlet that is in a waterproof compartment. Specific tow payload numbers have not been announced. It retains the 3.5, no word on transmission. Still has dual folding/swinging tailgate. The back seat has the magic fit like seats that virtually disappear and you can store things underneat them when in use.

More here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXmZeeHKp74

I thought I read it was 1600 pound payload capacity

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
It is, I was weireded out by the want level. the silver is not a good color though. The black is enticing.

Separating the bed makes it actually look like a truck, which I dig. I don't even mind the style of the front, the new ranger overseas, and even the Canyon to an extent have the slanting nose thing going on.

Being FWD still I do not dig.

looks like a mini van they chopped the 3rd row of seats out of

That's because it quite literally is, If I recall correctly the floorpan/underpinnings of the last Ridgline were shared with the Oddesy (So it was literally a pickup 'body' ontop of a Minivan chassis)

I doubt that changed.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Separating the bed makes it actually look like a truck, which I dig. I don't even mind the style of the front, the new ranger overseas, and even the Canyon to an extent have the slanting nose thing going on.

Being FWD still I do not dig.

That's because it quite literally is, If I recall correctly the floorpan/underpinnings of the last Ridgline were shared with the Oddesy (So it was literally a pickup 'body' ontop of a Minivan chassis)

I doubt that changed.
That sounds very inaccurate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Ridgeline

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Interested in bed "stereo" system. and possibly the dual hinge tailgate could be neat. but do not want shit tow rating, terrible looks and a unibody.

shit tow rating?

anyone buying a mid-size truck really care if it tows 5k or 6k? seriously?

:rofl: i think people forget how heavy 5k is sometimes. and it's just a dick measuring contest with full size half tons now a days.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I agree with Joel, wouldn't be bad if it werent for the crv front end.

x2 on the tow rating, if you want to tow that regularly get a fucking 3/5 ton. Even modded my truck wasnt very pleasant towing over 3000lbs esp with a couple people in it and gear in the bed. Mainly the brakes, would have been better if I got around to the hydroboost swap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info