2017 Raptor - This is it!

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
phorvfzh271tslpi5xnq.jpg

vgmqvplzmyrj4vd0dnl1.jpg

o0cviqmclgnzcfc0g2nv.jpg

This is the 2017 F-150 Raptor SuperCrew—it comes with a 3.5-liter EcoBoost, a new 10-speed transmission, and four full-sized doors. It may well be the ultimate apocalypse family hauler.

The big news here is that the SuperCrew is 12 inches longer with its 145-inch wheelbase than the standard SuperCab, and Ford says its four full-sized doors “provides rear passengers with more legroom and comfort on the trails and more space to stow gear while exploring the American and Canadian wilderness.”

The combination of high-strength steel and aluminum alloys makes America’s most badass truck almost 500 lighter than the previous Raptor.

More steel means more rigidity as well, and while Ford won’t talk about power figures just yet, the 3.5 EcoBoost is certainly more powerful than the current 6.2-liter V8, which is rated at 411 horsepower and 434 lb-ft of torque.

If Forza was right, we could be looking at a V6 tuned to produce 450 horsepower and 440 lb-ft of torque linked to a no doubt super efficient 10-speed automatic gearbox.
The Raptor is already 6 inches wider than the standard F-150, but to make it even better at speed off-road, Ford also threw in an upgraded four-wheel drive system with a new transfer case, larger FOX Racing Shox for more suspension travel and BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO2 tires on 17-inch wheels.

There’s some software to help you out as well. The Raptor’s Terrain Management System offers six driving modes to choose from, namely:

Normal mode for everyday driving
Street mode for higher-performance, on-road driving
Weather mode for rain, snow or ice
Mud and sand mode for muddy and sandy trails and terrain
Baja mode for high-speed desert running and
Rock mode for low-speed rock crawling

In case you need even more performance, a Torsen-style front differential is also available to improve front end grip.

The 2017 Raptor SuperCrew goes on sale this fall, with dual exhausts and Avalanche Grey as your new color option.

It looks like that ass-kicking continues.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Guys on FRF are speculating 60-75 pending options.

For reference, I got mine for 52 OTD. The only options that weren't on mine were the step ladder tailgate, beadlocks (which I bought separately finally), and the hood decals. The Special Edition was a completely different package option that added another 7k IIRC and was only available on the 2014s but I wouldn't consider that a standard option.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info