Buick to Unveil Sport Coupe at Detroit Auto Show

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Could be nothing. A concept car that might not even make it to market. But, with all the secrecy from Buick about this car, is it too much to hope that a 2018-2019 Grand National might be in the wings?

Buick will show the two cars at a party Sunday night before the media days of the Detroit auto show. One is a sporty coupe about the size of the Chevrolet Camaro sports car, said the person, who asked not to be identified because the model is a secret...

...The concept car -- which may or may not go into production, according to the person -- is small and sporty and could give its buyers a fun option.

Buick Makeover Said to Include Sporty Coupe and Chinese SUV - Bloomberg Business

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
GM's got the parts for it this time and it wouldn't suck. Alpha + LF4 = win. I feel like a sporty buick would help their image for sure, but we haven't seen anything like that from them in ages. I know we all want one, but does the general public want a car like this?

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
GM's got the parts for it this time and it wouldn't suck. Alpha + LF4 = win. I feel like a sporty buick would help their image for sure, but we haven't seen anything like that from them in ages. I know we all want one, but does the general public want a car like this?

I sure do, been wanting them to come out with a GN revival Ever since the rumors started.

Knowklew

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 5, 2014
Avista concept shows Buick's performance potential

2016-Buick-Avista-Concept-012.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Much better than the verticle headlights that are getting pretty played out and old on the Cadillacs

Fuck it ill just say it CMON GM stuff the 650 hp LT4 in it and the hell with putting that engine in the Camaro.

The looks dare I say even better than the 6th gen because it doesn't have all the goofy chisel marks in the bumpers.......

This is less gaping mouth more normal sports car front end.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
From the article:

According to Road&Track, the car does indeed ride on GM’s Alpha platform shared by the Chevy Camaro and the Cadillac ATS and CTS, and also features GM’s Magnetic Ride Control, as well as stop-start technology and cylinder deactivation.

The concept is also said to feature noise insulation, aromatherapy, and the next generation of Buick’s IntelliLink infotainment system.

It’s essentially an ATS-V but with less power, because Buick and Cadillac have to play nice.

Buick press release highlighting the performance end of the brand: http://media.buick.com/media/us/en/...n/2016/Jan/naias/buick/0110-buick-legacy.html

Road and Track article: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...848/buick-avista-concept-coupe-detroit-debut/

The launch event was attended by many important GM personnel including CEO Mary Barra, President Mark Ruess and design chief Ed Welburn. At the event, Welburn said he "can't wait" to wash this car by hand, because it's so gorgeous.

Speaking to Road & Track, a Buick representative confirmed there's no production intent yet, but it's considering putting the Avista, or something like it, in production.

Think of the Avista as a luxury grand touring companion to the pony car Camaro. We very much hope Buick puts it into production.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info